Eagles at gravel pit

Discussion in 'Birds' started by brianhare, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Post number 2 in this series,

So we decided to check out a gravel pit near a Bald Eagle nest we go to,as i crested a hill i saw an eaglet on a pile of dirt,eating a trout,well he was not impressed by me being there,and neither was one of the other eaglets and both parents...The young ones took off and mom and dad flew over my head screeching...they made about 4 or 5 circles arround me then perched in nearby trees..Morale of this story,,,don`t interupt the parents when they are teaching the kids to fish...I honestly didn`t know they were all there till they all got underway,,lol...anyway all shots were taken at 280mm...and in the last 2 days the shutter on my D50 has been saying "uncle" :biggrin:

Brian

DSC_7946crop.

DSC_7949crop.

DSC_7939crop.

DSC_7935crop.

DSC_7933crop.

DSC_7931crop1.

2. Yes They let you know when you get too close. I have the lens but need your gravel pit.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shots
    If you just sit still a few times, hopefully they will realize you are no threat

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida

Nice shots!

I don't have the lens, but might be near your gravel pit next summer for the Shediac Lobster Festival (and to get my grandfather's antique harmonicas from my uncle for my nephew). How close is your gravel pit to Shediac and/or Moncton?

Pia: a Cormier from Cap Pele...

5. Well, er, I need the eagles and the pit! LOL! Nice photos! Well done!

6. Pia

Sorry i didn`t reply sooner,i was up north near Bathurst for a day shooting a wedding...

Pia the nest is in Moncton,about a 2 minute drive from the University of Moncton.Hope you come,drop me a pm and we could meet up and i`ll take you down there if you`d like.Unbelieveable the amount of people i`ve met at the site,amatures and pros alike..Hope to see you there,i might get a decent lense and a tripod(mine tripod is junk:biggrin:)by then,shooting these animals at 280mm is limiting to say the least....

Brian

7. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

Wow! Number 3 is amazing!

8. I agree... #3 is awesome. Nice work.