Eagles from Vierra

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cknight, Dec 4, 2005.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I got my first batch of shots from my trip to Vierra/Merritt processed. I started with the bald eagles.

This one is from the first day when Harry and I were driving to Vierra. He pulled over on the side of the road, and I sat there wondering what he had pulled over for. Harry started pointing up. It took my a while, but I got the hint.

[​IMG]

This is also from the first day. Unfortunately, this guy was skitty and didn't stay put very long. He needs to be replaced.

[​IMG]

This last set is from the my last day. The weather was rainy, but he stayed put longer than usual, and I got some shots of him doing something besides just sitting there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments/critiques are welcome. How does the sharpening look on these? Too much/too little?

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Awesome! I'm sitting here drooling wishing I'd been able to go to shoot the Eagles...maybe this spring???

Your shots are wonderful...Can't wait to see what else you got down there....I'm guessing you had a successful photographic journey!!

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Arrrggghhhh more outstanding Eagle shots !!!

Wonderful Chris

4. Nice images Chris!

5. Great eagles Chris.

6. Very nice Chris. I like the light on that second one...

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good set Chris. I wish I could have gone down there with you, but I'll have to wait until Feb. :rolleyes:

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Chris. I'm glad that you were able to get some shots of him on the last day.

9. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Thanks for the compliments.

Leigh - I'd consider it a successful trip, although weather on days 2 & 3 could have been better.

Jim - I like the lighting on that one too. The first 2 shots were from the first morning when the weather was clear. The last ones were shot in breaks in the rain. But I guess sometimes you just take what you can get.

Frank - I wish you could have come too. I'm sure you'll have fun in Feb. It sounds like it'll be a good trip.

10. Congrats, Chris! These shots are fantastic! I'm still hoping for the opportunity to catch him in "the Tree". So far, everywhere else but there! It was great getting to meet you and shoot with you for the day! Hope you come back again soon!

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great stuff Chris.
    So glad you got to see him and capture some great images. It is exciting.
    I especially like the 3rd one for the way he is looking right at you.
    And feathers ruffled.

12. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Thanks Gale. I think he was giving me that 'You annoy me' look just before he decided to take off.