Eagles in passing....;-)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I went over to the dam early this morning to try to get the Eagles landing in the local version of the 'The Tree'. They came out of the nest and headed our way, but the female flew behind a row of trees. The male was more accommodating, but this was the last time we saw them. Taken with the D2H / 300 2.8 + 1.7 TC.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by.

2. majestic bird. tricky light. I would love to have an opportunity like this!
    Dave

3. Hi Frank

The second one shows real promise - too bad you were not able to catch light under the far wing. Never-the-less, a great capture. I'm going to have to get out with this combo if it would just brighten up around here a bit.

4. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Frank,
    Great capture.
    I would love to have an opportunity to capture something like this. :smile:

5. Very very nice great sweet light you should be thrilled

6. Frank I sure wish I could have come close to what you did. I, like Rory really wish our weather would get a bit better here. I still have to go out and shoot, but it would be nice if the sun would come out.

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

good ones Frank
    Killing me with these Eagles you know :biggrin:

I gonna go see if Kevin has cleaned up under that rock may have to set up for a longer stay!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

8. I'd be thrilled with shots like these. We saw our first eagles int he wild on Friday and got to shoot one yesterday. The light was poor and he was too far away but I logged my first eagle shot. Now that I know they are back I'll need to go down and try for some keepers!

Keep 'em coming Frank!

9. Wow, tricky lighting there, Frank! Still exciting though to get any kind of decent eagle shot. Been trying to coax the Eagles at Viera to come out but they're not cooperating. Have to train Gale how to be better roadkill. She moves around too much!

10. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Nice shots Flew.
    Maybe next month I'll be able to go try to shoot some of these guys with you.