Eagles on the beach

With the wind blowing, overcast skies, in the low 40’s and drizzling, I thought I’d go out on the beach looking for eagles. During two early morning drives down the beach I was lucky enough to spot eagles on both morning.

I’m not sure that this juvenile eagle knew what it had with the crab and or didn’t know what to do with it. But the seagulls quickly showed him what to do with it and ended up chasing him off.

The second eagle spotted that morning, was either an adult or immature not sure which, but I spotted this same eagle (I think it was) on the following morning as well.

All the shots were made out the window off a beanbag with a D2X, 500mm/4 and TC1.4. Both my truck and the eagles were moving around quite a bit due to the wind, so these shots aren’t the sharpest.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In this shot I think the eagle is having a Plover for breakfast.

Louie

Always a sucker for some BIF shots. Too cool to see seagulls with an eagle like that. The beach as a backdrop is neat

Very very nice Louie
I take it the Eagle can't read...lol Love shots like that.

I bet he will know what to do with that crab next time. Or maybe they don't like crabs...lol

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom