1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Eagles on the shoreline

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Jun 6, 2007.

1. This is another set from last weekend out shooting with Bill Dewey. This eagle we saw as driving down the road and we able to get a few shots before some bicyclist came by and ended our shooting. I shot these from out the card window on a bean bag with D2X, 500mm.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Louie

2. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Eagles are such magnificent creatures. Great shots!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice set Louie. I'm impressed that you could track a BIF out of the car window too. :smile:

4. Thanks for taking a look.

Louie

5. Hi Frank, thanks for taking a moment and looking. Well, as far as shooting BIF out the window, it really wasn't that bad do to the eagle flying low over the beach. But maybe I should use that as an excuse for the shots not being what they could have been.:smile:

Louie

6. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Hi Louis,

This is a different setting than what I'm used to seeing and I like it! All of these are excellent!

7. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Excellent series, Louie!

8. Thanks Andy. I know what you mean, we usually catch them up in trees as well, but on this day they were not only in the trees but on the beaches as well.

Louie

9. Thanks Debbie.

Louie

10. bean bagging with a 500 is not an easy feat. . . nice shots. . . where were you?

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Dig the Lift OFF !!

12. Really great shots Louis ... I agree not the typical setting for an Eagle which is what makes the series so interesting.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhh wow
    See you had that eye to the viewfinder on that one:>)))

Beautiful shots

14. Beautiful shots, Louie, out of the ordinary for eagles. I like the pose in the second shot.

15. Great shots! I love the last one. Great flight shot with an interesting background.

Best,

Jose

16. Very nice series Louie. Love the last one!

17. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Terrific shots Louie.

18. Louie, these are really cool. Looks like I missed a good day of shooting. Love the light on the eagle too. Well done.

19. Thanks Jerry. Actually shooting out the window on a bean bag with the 500 isn't all that bad, I've done it quite often.

We were up around Anacortes when we shot the eagles on the beach.

Louie

20. Thanks Ben. Now this shot I almost missed due to room just to try and track it while inside of the car shooting out the window.

LOuie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.