Eagles/Strike Eagles with the D200

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by F15Todd, Jan 5, 2006.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    A line of F-15E Strike Eagles worth 186.5M prior to takeoff.

original.
    28-70mm f/2.8 with D200 factory presets on camera (white balance/tone/sharping)

An F-15E Strike Eagle
    original.
    70-200mm f/2.8 with D200 factory presets on camera (white balance/tone/sharping)

An F-15C Eagle
    original.
    28-70mm f/2.8 with D200 factory presets on camera (white balance/tone/sharping)

2. Very impressive!

How much were they worth after takeoff? :wink:

By the way, thanks for your active duty service - we appreciate the protection you provide for us and our families.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    DANG! there not showing up for me. pbase?

I'll check back later.

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
  5. K-loader

K-loader

May 31, 2005
    Maryland, USA
    Nice shots Todd. I swear for a moment I was getting hints of the jet fuel smell and maybe even thought I heard the engines whining as I looked at em :smile: Keep that D200 close by and lets see some more.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Awesome, Awesome, Awesome...I have been an enthusiast of military aircraft ever since I was a kid and it is so cool to see them up close. I cherished my opportunity to shoot two days at the air show last summer. Todd, I am so jealous of you because of your privilege to be so close to them while they are on the ground. Anytime you want to post more of these Eagle, you go right ahead.

7. These are really great and certainly something not often seen this close.

8. All nice shots Todd, but I keep drooling over #3 - gorgeous!
    Thanks for posting. Now, go and get that burner take off pic...:biggrin:

9. Nice work. I really like the 3rd one with the morning sun bringing out the beauty of the Eagle.

10. 186.5 million divided by 5..........around 36+ million a bird. Ok so figuring my income and savings I should be able to buy my own somwhere around the age 198 years young. Can't wait!! I grew up, right in the landing pattern for Elmendorf Airforce Base in Anchorage. We watched the fighters all the time. A couple of times I even had the pilot roll it on the side and wave from the cockpit. I even remember the first time they unveiled the stealth bomber at an airshow. Flew right over my house at less than a 1000 feet. Keep the shot coming. I am not the only plane nut around this forum.

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    One of my favorite aircraft of all time (since they were built here in St. louis) I even got to see one of the prototypes first month's flights back in the 70's. Keep them coming Sir! Bravo

Wade

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Todd,
    You always display these airplanes so great...
    Thanks.

13. Some fine looking aircraft Todd. I appreciate your service and your shots.

14. Great pictures! How lucky you are to see them up so close! I remember as a kid growing up on airforce bases, the snowbirds giving us our own show before they were off to town airshows! Was so exciting! We would get to the highest point we could to watch them!

15. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    The F-15Es (picture 1 and 2) that are at Elmendorf now, are getting restationed down here to Idaho as part of the big BRAC realignment of forces to save money.

16. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    You were very luck, the best time to see an air show is during the practice before crowds get in. Speaking of demo teams, the US Air Force demo team is the Thunderbirds. Out of nowhere last Friday the wife told me I should apply to join the Thunderbird team.

17. Are you going to????

18. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm not sure yet, I've never really thought about until the wife brought it up. I will put some feelers out there and gather up info, I know it would not be something I would pursue for another year or so.

19. John

John Guest

Todd, thanks for sharing those great shots. In addition, I along with everyone else appreciate your service.