Eagles!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I went back over to the Eagles nest at lake Guntersville (in N Alabama). I got some decent flight shots withing the first 10 minutes, then had to wait 4 hours for another shot.

Here are some samples. Taken with the D2H / 300mm 2.8. The flight shots were with the TC-20EII, while the late shots were with the 1.7 TC. The late shots were also taken at between ISO 1100 and 1400. There is some noise, but I was pleased with the results.

Flight shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Late, late afternoon:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to look through the rest to see if there are any more.

Regards,

Frank

2. great Eagle shots, esp. the last two. Killer shots.

3. Hi Frank,

Guess what? I went on the field trip to the Wildlife Refuge today and no birds were there. It is still spring so I don't think there will be many until Summer. In fact, I don't think that this Refuge is a good as the Back Bay on my side of the water so if all goes well, I plan to go to Back Bay tomorrow to see what I can see.

The tour guide seems to have been more interested in getting us down to the Chesapeake beach on this half mile trail instead of staying put in one place to see if something would come by. The tour guide wouldn't even let us go off on our own or stay behind. They had to be with us the whole time so I guess you could say that I was very disappointed in the whole trip.

At least with Back Bay, they let you go on your own and don't babysit you like this Refuge did. Is this common?

I want to leave with this comment on the Eagles and that is they are great shots!!!

Melissa

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Super beautiful shots Flew. A good day.

Sure wish I had had a bit more reach on mine. .. Oh well.

Cheers
    Gale

5. Hi Gale

Don't worry Gale, you do a nice job anyway without the reach.

Melissa

6. Super shots Frank! Can't believe they are at such high ISO...they look so clean! The last shot is beautiful...!

7. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    That second last shot is just killah Frank, very good indeed. Like Janet, I find it hard to believe those last two were at such high ISO.

Neil

8. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    NicE! all are good but I like the last 2 most. great stuff! :D

9. Patience pays off, I like the first shot of the eagle with the fish that is sweet, great for such high ISO. Glad to see you had a productive day

10. Very nicely done, Frank. I like all the shots escpecially the 4th shot. AMAZING!!! :D :D :D :D

11. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I don't do a lot of reply posting on the Bird forum,
    but these eagle shots are really nice.

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Melissa,

Cheers
    Gale

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Yowser, the 2nd to last shot is awesome, Frank. Worth your wait time for that one. (last one's really good too)

14. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in. High ISO eagles, eagles with fish. BLAH!!! :)

15. Love the last two!

You sure don't anything better in the ways of camera, the last two are awsome!

andreas