1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Eaglet 1 Month Old

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hangin tree, Apr 1, 2007.

1. 1Monthold.

Not the best picture but the best I've got.

2. Gary I have always considered this qality photo as an info photo on the nesting for the year. The camera records times and dates so you don't have to. Any time I visit a nest it is always the same thing, long range photos but good enough so I can ship them with the info to the endangered species unit here. This is a great way to keep track of their age as we band at about 5 to 6 weeks. Getting this info is very important and not the quality of the picture so keep taking them at least once a week as that way you can do two things. #1 you get to check conditions around and at the nest,(without going close) #2 you have now been able to take more photos for your info bank and if you have one a Dept. that would be involved with the eagles. Here in New York this youngster would be just about ready to be banded and maybe some blood work. Keep checking but keep that distance unless you get an emergency. The photo is pretty good for what I would think taken from a distance.
    Lou

3. Thanks Lou

Yes the documenting of birds, hatches and locations is a critical part of Evalutating eagle population and health. All of shots are a distance that assures a non threathing position. Non of the parents to this Eaglet has been banded indicating they are native birds or Raised from released birds.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think that is a lovely image. I would be really happy to have that and be able to observe and record.

5. TheBear

TheBear Guest

I think that's a great image.

6. Thanks Gale

It is for the record so great Art wasn't the prime reason for the shot.

Thanks Dianne

Not one of my best but it was for the record not art.

Thank You Bear

It is just Dark and shadows in the nest
    and hard to get details.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.