Early AM Wood Ducks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Apr 18, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    As the sun came up behind me this morning....

original.
    original.
    original.

2. Nice these are one of my favorite type of ducks there colors are great only topped by the Mandarin

3. This is a beautiful species. I have a fair number of them in the swamp behind the house. These are nice captures. What ISO were you set at? pictures 2 and 3 have a fair amount of nosie showing on my screen.

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Dave

I shot these with my camera before it heads to Nikon today. I actually unboxed it for one last set of images to burn to CD to send along with it.

In order to overcome the focus issues, I have to shoot at a minimum of f9 and that's pushing it.

Therefore, these were shot at ISO 500 and up.

5. Nice shots Jim. Your last shot is fantastic. I love how the light is hitting the wood duck's wing. :D :D :D :D

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim,

Very nice shots.

Were these taken with the 500 f4? TC?

Thanks,

Frank

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank

500 and TC 14EII.

8. The Wood Duck is such a beautiful bird and you have brought that out with these great shots. Well done.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Frank

Are you still shooting with the Markins and Sidekick? Have you tried the big Wimberley? These shots are amazing when the 700mm focal length is taken into account. Must be difficult to acquire and track fast moving subjects like these at such a distance.

Frank