Early evening at Viera

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Trish5, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    I can't remember when I shot at the wetlands in the evening. I can tell you though, I like evening so much better than morning. Nice sweet light, cooler, and birds, birds, birds! (kevin, the gators were there tonight)

Here is a sampling of my shoot: 70-200VR TC 1.7II
    A lone spoonbill
    [​IMG]

...Who decided to bolt when I wasn't ready!
    [​IMG]

A young tricolored heron..begining to sprout some real feathers:
    [​IMG]

Enjoying the evening light:
    [​IMG]

An Ibis..but what?
    [​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice series, Trish. I am getting so envious of you folks that reside in FL. Such wonderful images of wildlife, we have so little variety of big birds here in Chicago. Please keep the wonderful images coming, it's the next best thing to shooting them myself!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Trish..

Geeezz I gotta get out there...

I have so much to do........

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Me too Gale, me too. 8)

Nice series Trish. :wink:

5. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005

thanks Frank. Don't be envious...next month when the hurricanes blow in you will be changing that feeling :D

6. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005

I enjoy the solitude very much out there. To me it is better than any day at some fancy spa! just do it!

7. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks frank. I am not sure what is going on w/ my camera and or lenses....I am not getting the tack sharpness I had.....guess it's time for an adjustment?

8. I agree, Trish! Last weekend was so calm and relaxing and just plain enjoyable. I was the only out there for about 5 hours! I left at about 4p. Am thinking of maybe going tomorrow afternoon.

Your shots are great! You got that Rosie @ Viera? I've never seen one there! I don't know what you mean about not getting sharp shots. Your tricolor, egret and ibis are sharp! That ibis is a glossy ibis, btw. Wasn't sure if your ? was seeking an id or not. ;) Maybe I'll see you out there.

Did you see the Caracaras and ospreys? The Caracaras were sitting in the tall pine tree by the parking lot....2 of them, along with 2 vultures. Funny the gators were hiding from me last week.

9. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    hi Kevin,
    The rosie just showed up yesterday. Just one, but stands out in the crowd. Enjoy your shoot...If I get lucky I may be up there in the evening...I have been gas guzzling lately going up so often..

10. mfrank123

mfrank123 Guest

beautiful. been trying to shot a heron that lives around here for weeks now and he's to fast to sneak up on.

11. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    I know that feeling well. There is no secret other than they have to be in the mood.

12. Nice series Trish!! man im hoping to pull off a florida trip in January...........urghhhhhhhhhh
    look forward to seeing more!

13. Where all your photos taken handheld, they are very nice. I haven't tried that lens much since i have it.

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

#2 for me Trish, good crisp shot and ya got that water action going on!!
    Yes getting pretty envious of you lucky Floridians :wink: :wink:

15. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Trish :

Likely a White-Faced Ibis that hasn't fully shifted from winter colours (odd, but possible).

John P.

16. Beautiful captures! Sure wish I lived further south :( These birds are stunning.

17. Jim Neiger

Jim Neiger Guest