Early Fall in the Adirondacks - HDRs

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by NewBert, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Here are a few HDR's that I took this afternoon in the Hadley - Lake Luzerne - Corinth area. Colors aren't at peak here yet, but I thought it was still worthwhile to go shooting today.

1. This is the Hudson River in Corinth, NY, taken near the town beach.

2. This is a small waterfall in Mill Park, Lake Luzerne, NY.

View attachment 262739

I hope you like 'em. Any C&C welcome, particularly regarding HDR processing and also the silkiness (or non-silkiness) of the waterfall.

HDR processing was done with Photomatix.

2. Lovely. I was hoping to make my way up there this year but gas prices and the bail out put an end to that. I married my wife in the Finger Lakes region and she so whats to see the Adirondacks and Saratoga areas. She is a born in Florida gal and was surprised, as many flat landers are, to the beauties of NY state.

3. The first one seems out of balance subject wise. You have this beautiful
    lake and surrounding trees and the effect on the sky is taking over the photo
    insted of balancing it out. My eye keeps looking up at the sky. Everything
    else is very good in the photo, comp, exposures, colors.

The second one is nice. The water look is nice. The comp looks real
    good just the rock sticking out a bit at the BR corner. The only other nit
    is the photo seems you have a yellow color cast, I can see it in the rocks
    and water.

http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com

Take care Dwayne Oakes

4. Thanks for the C&C. Actually, I was trying to emphasize the sky in #1, but perhaps I went too far? Would you recommend cropping out part of the sky to compensate, or something else? I don't want the crop to result in the horizon line being in the vertical middle of the image, though...

I agree with you re: the color cast on #2. I'm lousy at removing color casts though. Any idea on how to go about it either in NX2 or PSE5? (Keep in mind that this is a jpg now....)

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.