Early morning calm before the strom

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Anthony747, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Hi All! I shot these around 6:15 am this morning. Little level adjusting in Photoshop CS2. Looks like I used a blue filter but I didn't.

Thanks for looking!
    Anthony

Both shot: D70, Nikon 12-24mm, 1/25s F/4 at 24mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Nice pictures. Is this the front edge of Ophelia or just normal fall weather?

3. Hi Pat! Just the begining of a rain storm. Ophelia will past me just to the east, out in the alantic ocean on Friday. Hope to get some shots!

Anthony

4. Really nice.... :biggrin:

I'd almost be temped to remove the bank in #1....

5. Nice light very cool loosk almost surreal

6. Very nice mood!

7. Good mood shot and the colors are surreal. Very well done.

8. Most pleasing effect with these cool, muted tonalities. I also like the triangular shapes drawn by the masts and their reflections, and the coast on the right.

9. Anthony,

Where are those pictures taken ? I prefer this series vs. sun down. Well done !

10. Hi Mike! Is a bank that little white ball thing just to the right?

Anthony

11. Mike, Mike Mac, Harry, Gordon and Christian, Thanks for your kind comments. I'm a early riser and this spot is only 10 minutes from my home. I actually get home before my wife get up at 7:15 :wink:

Anthony

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2005
  12. Hi Jay, This spot is the fishing pier at Atlantic Highlands, NJ. Thanks for your comments.

Anthony

13. Anthony,
    These are very nice and would print beautifully. I am certain the "bank" is the shore on the right. It would suspend your subjects somewhat in a sea of blue if the bank were not there.
    Dave

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images. Like everything about them..

Gotta tell me how they got so beautiful blue.

15. Oooops... :redface: ..well "bank" is a sort of "southern" term for the shoreline as already pointed out.....sorry...will have to use my best grammer in the future... :cool:

16. Hi Gale! The blue sky reflecting off the calm water makes this shot very blue.

Anthony

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amazing Anthony. Never seen such beauty.

BEAUTY IN BLUE

Hummm could win some contests I would bet.

18. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Amazing color. Very emotional pics.

19. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Great atmosphere,it pays to get an early start
    Beautifull pictures