Early morning flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Rose de Montarville Explorator serie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice ones.... :) ...very creative use of the DOF...

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Lovely Gilles. From your garden? If so, I'm very envious. :wink:

4. It's from my garden, they were taken very early as the sun was going up but not reaching the flower, that gives a very soft yellowish type of light.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Yeah, us birders call it the 'golden hour' and it is absolutely my favorite time of day for shooting. :wink:

6. Wonderful images Gilles and you have really used DOF to your advantage with these shots.

7. Thank you for your comments.

One thing I read the other day is to be very careful with the background not to have too strong colors specially near the frame of the picture because the eye would be distract from the main elements that you want to show.

8. Pretty roses Gilles.

Very true on the background, don't want anything too strong to compete for attention. Then again if you have a contrasting color (like a dark blue sky for red) or complimenting colors (yellow on a green background) it might make it stand out even more.

9. Interesting play on dof in the first shot! Nice.