Early Morning Harrier, Egrets and Reflections

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Sep 2, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    It was supposed to be calm for a little while this morning so I was out early.
    This harrier caught me totally by surprise as they usually aren't up this early..unfortunately I underexposed him some (used +.7 EV when I should have been around +1.3) and got some noise...oh well?
    original.

Next, a little sandpiper reflection...
    original.

A great egret hiding in the grass....
    original.

A snowy who hadn't brushed his hair yet this morning....
    original.

And a fly by once he got his act together...
    original.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Nice morning series, beatiful light
    Man I gotta start getting up earlier :smile: and get out there.
    like em all

3. A rewarding morning Jim. Looks like you had great shooting conditions.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful shots Jim. I love every one, especially the Harrier. It may be a tad on the dark side (hard to tell on this monitor, as everything looks dark), but it is still a great shot, and I don't see that much noise on my screen here.

Well done. You remind me with these, that I need to get my butt out in the mornings and do some shooting. :smile:

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Beautiful series, Jim! Early morning can be a rewarding time, like it was for you today. I'm way behind in reading posts and almost missed this one. Great shots!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful series Jim.

Love that fresh little snowey, my favorite birdie.

7. They are all excellent Jim. Love the little Sandpiper reflection. You have a knack for catching these birds at the right time of day and then nailing your exposure.

8. Echo everyone elses comments, but as Gordon said the sandpiper reflections you have down pat!!! and lov the messy hair do of the egret. Great job in nailing the exposures

9. Nice light love the egrets series, I am hoping to get down the the DE beaches a guy turned me on to some areas where harriers hang out,

10. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Jim -

All great images, but I especially like the Sandpiper (beautiful composition) and unkempt Snowy Egret (wonderful "pose").

Gordon