Early morning Sandhill shots..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Jul 21, 2005.

1. taken by the local High School. There were 5-7 sandhills in various areas that I went to.

original.
    original.
    taken from an island in the middle of a 4 lane road going along the grounds:
    original.

original.
    original.

Bill, you're welcome to come on down and join me for some close ups anytime... :D

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice light and very nice images Harris. 300 2.8?

3. Mary hasn't taught you how to get the flight shots yet :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

The light is nice on these. I am hoping to get out in the next few days to try some early morning Osprey. Also heard that at 6:30AM at Juanita the Kingfishers come close, then again the fellow who told me this might sit in the bushes and laugh at the bozo who shows up so early :lol:

Nice Sandhill shots, Harris, and I'll have to find a time when we get down your way, but I think I'll wait until the you-know-what season is over.....

4. Harris
    I really really liek the third one it is a killer shot I am so enviuos of your birding oppurtunites down there

5. Wow! Amazing shots. Great color and very sharp!

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    wow 3,4,&5. Good Job.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Always enjoy the Sandhills

It's interesting that yours are so much greyer than the ones up here. Ours are quite a bit redder. Must be the rust in the water :wink:

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Harris,

These are great shots.

I really like the light and comp and position of the crane in the last one. Very beautiful

9. Thanks all, it was some nice warm early morning light. I shot from 7:30-8:30 and my foot hurt so I went home. I'm lucky these guys let me so close. Maybe theythink I'm one of them? :shock:

10. Excellent images Harris! Worthwhile getting up so early!
    You make tha bazzoka 300mm f/2.8 look very handy, close to an all-day-lens...

11. no need to go to the gym when lugging this bazooka around... :?