Early morning shot...

Drove onto the island, and was being eaten by noseeums, so headed back home. On the way, saw this guy or gal go into a tree. Got out with the D2H, 300 f2.8 and 1.7x handheld. Was early morning light.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

all i can say is wow.. very nice shot....sometimes the unexpected are the best... also impressed with the 1.7x hand held.... strong arms or very good light... nice job...
Tim

Great capture Harris! Your hands must be a lot steadier than mine. :)

I don't blame you for avoiding the noseeums. I can go out and get a ton of mosquito bites and if I just ignore the itch for 20 minutes its gone. With noseeums, however, I really react and get a large itchy sore from each bite that lasts for days.

thanks Jim, Tim and Dennis. Here's another one from that sequence:

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'd say there is about 60% cropped out of the frame.

Well done Harris. And, I hate noseeums cause I can't see'um. Vicious little devils they are.
Its been a pleasure watching you get better and better over the last few years. I know that you really put your heart into it.
Jarrell

B

bfjr

Just great crystal clear and sharp.
Good to know since I'm looking into either tc14 or 17 right now

Great catches !!

Excellent shots Harris!!

So how do you compare the f2.8 and f4 now that you've shot with both for a while?

Thanks George and Brian.

Jarrell, I appreciate that. I've admired your work for about 3 years now. Good to see you posting again, I missed you.

Thanks Don and Ben. I find the 1.7x works better with the 2.8 as it focuses faster and is sharper in my opinion.

Thanks to you too Gale and Frank.

Now that is just beautiful! You have some pretty big birds down there. May I ask what kind of bird it is?

You are right, though. Some of the best shots I have taken are the ones I don't go out to seek.

Lisa said:
Now that is just beautiful! You have some pretty big birds down there. May I ask what kind of bird it is?

You are right, though. Some of the best shots I have taken are the ones I don't go out to seek.

Lisa, Its a male osprey!

Nice shot Backdoctor!

Anthony

Latest threads

Top Bottom