Early Morning Stillness

I took this shot on the way to my sunrise location. The scene fascinated me, especially the glimpse of the road with the "s".
It was very quiet.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike

Melonheadr, Randy, Dave and Raul,
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm sure you all do the same thing that I do. While driving, When I'm in "photo mode" I'm constantly looking around at my surroundings. When I have time and see something that captures my interest, I try make it a habit to pull over to the shoulder and take my shots. When my family is with me, they don't exactly appreciate the quick stops, but I've done it for a long enough time, they're used to it. I still get the direction to keep my eyes on the road.:smile:

Mike

Mike,
When I first saw the photo "Arches" was the thing I thought of first. Wonderful photo of a fabulous place. I'm dying to go to the southwest, but don't think we can make it this spring. Thanks for letting me see it through your lens.

Sandi and Terri,
Thank you both for your nice comments. Terri, Moab is great since you have Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse all within 30 miles. Also, the 2 1/2 hour drive to Monument Valley is well worth the overnight stay.
Mike

Sandi and Terri,
Thank you both for your nice comments. Terri, Moab is great since you have Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse all within 30 miles. Also, the 2 1/2 hour drive to Monument Valley is well worth the overnight stay.
Mike
I agree. I've stayed at Moab 3 times, but we never did go to Monument Valley. We'll have to do that next time.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom