1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Early Morning Stillness

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    I took this shot on the way to my sunrise location. The scene fascinated me, especially the glimpse of the road with the "s".
    It was very quiet.

76874607.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Since I don't think that Northbrook has these wonderful buttes, where was this taken, Mike?

3. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Frank,
    This was on the road to the North Window at Arches National Park.

Mike

4. looks like a great place for a motorcycle ride

5. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Very nicely seen and taken Mike..

6. Very nice Mike!

7. Very nice, love the sky.

8. Very nice.... love that little glimpse of road in the middle.

9. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Melonheadr, Randy, Dave and Raul,
    Thanks for the nice comments. I'm sure you all do the same thing that I do. While driving, When I'm in "photo mode" I'm constantly looking around at my surroundings. When I have time and see something that captures my interest, I try make it a habit to pull over to the shoulder and take my shots. When my family is with me, they don't exactly appreciate the quick stops, but I've done it for a long enough time, they're used to it. I still get the direction to keep my eyes on the road.:smile:

Mike

10. Mike,
    When I first saw the photo "Arches" was the thing I thought of first. Wonderful photo of a fabulous place. I'm dying to go to the southwest, but don't think we can make it this spring. Thanks for letting me see it through your lens.

11. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Sandi and Terri,
    Thank you both for your nice comments. Terri, Moab is great since you have Arches, Canyonlands and Dead Horse all within 30 miles. Also, the 2 1/2 hour drive to Monument Valley is well worth the overnight stay.
    Mike

12. I agree. I've stayed at Moab 3 times, but we never did go to Monument Valley. We'll have to do that next time.

13. Normally I don't like roads in my landscapes, but this one turned out really nice.

14. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Vern,
    Thanks for your nice comment. It's not very often that all you see of the road is the classic "S".
    Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.