Earthquake in Queensland

I've experienced 5/6 in Haiti last year and it is a very weird feeling indeed. In fact it still haunts me quite a bit everytime I feel the metro underneath me…

We have been through close to 1000 after shocks since March 11th, and today had one that was not an aftershock, quite close to Tokyo. Here`s wishing this settles down worldwide.

Mother Earth: 4+ billion years old and still throwing temper tantrums! :eek: I felt an earthquake tremor here in Canada years ago and it was indeed unsettling. There's a fault line under Lake Ontario just offshore from Toronto. It was only a baby quake but certainly felt strange, especially to hear the crystal chinging in the cabinet and feeling the couch shake. I cannot fathom what it must be like to feel a whopper.

yes. hope for Japan.. things calm down.
Use to live in Anchorage, and we had quakes all time, based on where we were on the plates..

IsamuM

Not-quite-
Keep on your toes, guys!

Just a thought: Experience from the Kobe earthquake of 1995 and other slightly smaller ones shows that people who are into camping are better able to cope with the effects of quakes. We aren't that heavily into camping, but since my girls wanted to try it we bought the necessary equipment and tried it a few times. That equipment plus various freeze dried food for five for a week stored in the trunk of our car makes up the bulk of our emergency disaster kit.

This allows us to enjoy camping and be - sort of - prepared for a disaster. I say "sort of" because it wouldn't do much good in a tsunami, but that isn't a real concern where we live in Tokyo.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom