1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

East African Crowned Crane

Discussion in 'Birds' started by zerocool, Sep 29, 2008.

1. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    click for larger image...

2898066812_3bc04d3a6f_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I think crowned cranes are exquisite birds. Where was this one taken?

3. Roy, considering the lighting conditions I find this a very good shot. Sweet how you used the shadow of the pole to balance the lighting on the crane.

4. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    Oakland Zoo, a total of 4 birds, along with an Egyptian goose i couldn't get a good shot of because of where the sun was lol....also have a couple huge Griffon Vulture's that were sitting out in the sun that i cursed for being in the sun...

5. Gotta hate those harsh lighting conditions. I'm familiar with them as well.

6. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    Here is another Shot ... i was able to save this one from the harsh lighting conditions...

2898158120_0aed86f0ab_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

7. Beautiful job with the lighting! Bit of an awkward crop though. Would like to see the rest of the bird and less sand in that upper right corner.

8. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    unfortunately , the bird is cropped in frame (not by photoshop)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.