East Tennessee Hay

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by brucedane, Aug 15, 2008.

1. brucedane

brucedane

Jul 10, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I shot this about 45 minutes before sunset. I thought the golden light and the red barn added interest. It was a quiet and peaceful moment and I hope the image captures that mood. Feedback and suggestions for improvement are welcome.
    [​IMG]

2. Sweet shot, this would make for a very nice wall hanger.

3. I really like the picture. I spent part of my childhood in East Tennessee (in Hancock County no less), and one thing I always enjoyed was the hay...my husband kids me because I hate to pass up the chance to stop and watch when they are bailing hay.

4. bruce,
    well done
    i like this image a lot

i hope you don't mind if i post THIS size image:
    the XL sized smugmug image works best
    you posted the MEDIUM-SIZED version.....
    too small to appreciate

[​IMG]

thanks for sharing

5. Glad you did this resize and repost of this image Greg, it really does enhance itat this size. Great shot.

6. brucedane

brucedane

Jul 10, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback and thanks, Greg, for resizing the image. I'm still learning the finer points of posting.

7. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

Very nice, I think it might be a bit nicer with out the other two round bales in the picture, just the main one. That's just me though.

8. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Very nice, Bruce. I love the composition -- makes me just want to sit there and soak up the atmosphere.

9. Wonderful shot! I plan on retiring to Tennessee, it's a beautiful state.

10. Very nice shot.

11. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    Very nice shot. Nice lighting and I like the composition. I thought they had outlawed round hay bales. Seems someone felt the cows couldn't get a square meal!