East vs West

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Jerry Snider, May 9, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    A couple of so so "scenic" snapshots to share. First from North Carolina, second from near Cascade, Montana. Although obviously not up to the quality of what I typically see in this forum and not from very exotic places.
    My very best,
    Jerry S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hey Jerry,

This is me looking at your two pictures-------->>>>> :D

WAY TO GO!!!

3. awesome pics!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nothing wrong with those Pal. Great stuff. They are hanging on your wall, BIG right :>))

thank you for sharing, appreciate it.

5. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Great colours, looks like the autumn. They would be very nice in print!

6. They're very nice images. I find the second one to be the more compelling of the two.

A suggestion - If I can - In the second image (which is my favorite of the two posted) I think the image could benefit from putting more of the sky into the composition. It's more interesting than the foreground. Very nice photos though! Keep posting!

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    thanks for comments

Thanks for the comments. The North Mills River photo does print out well on Luster paper on the Epson R1800, not so well on fine arts paper. The second one does require more sky in the photo, no doubt. That is the reason I stated they were simply snapshots. Should have stopped on top of the hill rather than the valley to take the photo. Didn't realize the nice colors, however, until I got to the bottom of the hill!
    Always appreciate suggestions and constructive criticisms. Thanks a bunch.
    My very best,
    Jerry S

8. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    This why they have chocolate and vanilla.

I like the composition of the second one as you have it.

The tan brush in the foreground complements the sky in the upper part. If you look at many of David Muench's landscapes, he more often than not has a prominent feature in the foreground of his landscapes. I know that the brush (or whatever it is - hay? grass?) is not so prominent as a splash of flowers would be, but it completes the picture for me.

I like both of them exactly as they are.

9. I think they are more than snapshots. Nicely taken images.