Easter in the Bog

Real Name
Mike
Went to one of my many places of worship today to celebrate the holiday and give thanks for being able to do so. All shot hand-held with 70-300 VR.

Had just quit raining

leaves%20and%20water%20drops%201024-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Common Blue Violets

violets%201024-O.jpg

The Jacks were popping!

jack-in-the-pulpit%201024a-O.jpg

Trillium everywhere!

white%20trillium%201024-O.jpg

The reason for the name: Cedar Bog

cedar%20cones%201024-O.jpg

The only red one I saw all day

trillium%201024-O.jpg

Sorry, he was moving so fast, I couldn't keep him in focus :tongue:

snail%20on%20jack%201024-O.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• leaves%20and%20water%20drops%201024-O.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 19
  • leaves%20and%20water%20drops%201024-O.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
I laughed out loud when I saw what was moving so fast...lol Great shots. I did get out in the backyard...picked up every little weed flower I could find and came in to shoot em. Practiced with a flashlight for backlighting. Liked the violets too. Those are my favorite weed flower.

Nice shots, Mike.

After seeing your other post, I went back out to look for jacks this afternoon -- found a couple that were just emerging from the ground (should have some good ones by the weekend).

The blue violets are common, but they're still pretty. I spotted both yellow and whites ones this morning, but didn't have my favorite small flower lens (the 300 f/4) with me:redface:

Real Name
Mike
I laughed out loud when I saw what was moving so fast...lol Great shots. I did get out in the backyard...picked up every little weed flower I could find and came in to shoot em. Practiced with a flashlight for backlighting. Liked the violets too. Those are my favorite weed flower.

Nice shots, Mike.

After seeing your other post, I went back out to look for jacks this afternoon -- found a couple that were just emerging from the ground (should have some good ones by the weekend).

The blue violets are common, but they're still pretty. I spotted both yellow and whites ones this morning, but didn't have my favorite small flower lens (the 300 f/4) with me:redface:

Beautiful flowers!
Thanks All, for the comments.

Bob, the place I was at (Cedar Bog) was a sea of Trillium, Jacks and Skunk Cabbage (and a few others) with chorus frogs singing their hearts out in the background. Really quite beautiful in the dreary, rainy, overcast weather we had Easter.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom