Easter Lillies

R

RForshey

I've been wanting to do some flower shots and convert to black and white for quite some time. Today, I decided to just get it done! Paul and I bought several potted plants, and set up some lights and started shooting. Here's one from our "session".

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Techie stuff: D2Xs with 28-70/2.8. 1/250 @ F13. Four SB-800s and one Alien Bee 1600 into a 24"X36" softbox. I truly hope my "downsized" version shows this image well, the 11"X17" print is awesome!

The "downsized" version is awesome, too. All that gear and skill really paid off. I'm glad to hear the image exists, too, as a 11x17 print.

Very beautiful, Randy. The lighting on this is perfect. The B&W treatment works so well on this. Channel mixer or plugin?

P

photogfellow

Great one Randy! That's going to look super on the wall!

R

RForshey

Very beautiful, Randy. The lighting on this is perfect. The B&W treatment works so well on this. Channel mixer or plugin?
Hiya Sandi! Yesterday (as fate would have it) I updated my DXO elite software and bought their "film pack". I converted this image using one of their B&W settings (duh!) Kodak 400CN. I haven't been able to do better using channels or any other plug-in!

Now that's my idea of a good time. I love hitting the local nurserys then spending a weekend trying to make decent photographs of what I find.

This is also the kind of lighting I love. Dramatic. Real.

My recent attempts at black and white and flowers (IR and film) haven't made me happy as yet. This one works wonderfully though.

R

RForshey

Now that's my idea of a good time. I love hitting the local nurserys then spending a weekend trying to make decent photographs of what I find.

This is also the kind of lighting I love. Dramatic. Real.

My recent attempts at black and white and flowers (IR and film) haven't made me happy as yet. This one works wonderfully though.
Thanks so much Beezle, I really appreciate it! You have to try the DXO film pack, cool stuff!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom