Easter Lillies

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by RForshey, Apr 11, 2007.

1. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I've been wanting to do some flower shots and convert to black and white for quite some time. Today, I decided to just get it done! Paul and I bought several potted plants, and set up some lights and started shooting. Here's one from our "session".

[​IMG]

Techie stuff: D2Xs with 28-70/2.8. 1/250 @ F13. Four SB-800s and one Alien Bee 1600 into a 24"X36" softbox. I truly hope my "downsized" version shows this image well, the 11"X17" print is awesome!

2. JDar

JDar

Jan 28, 2007
    TX/NM
    The "downsized" version is awesome, too. All that gear and skill really paid off. I'm glad to hear the image exists, too, as a 11x17 print.

3. Very beautiful, Randy. The lighting on this is perfect. The B&W treatment works so well on this. Channel mixer or plugin?

4. Great! Love the lighting.
    Cheers

5. photogfellow

photogfellow Guest

Great one Randy! That's going to look super on the wall!

6. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks for havin' a peek, I appreciate it!

7. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Hiya Sandi! Yesterday (as fate would have it) I updated my DXO elite software and bought their "film pack". I converted this image using one of their B&W settings (duh!) Kodak 400CN. I haven't been able to do better using channels or any other plug-in!

8. Now that's my idea of a good time. I love hitting the local nurserys then spending a weekend trying to make decent photographs of what I find.

This is also the kind of lighting I love. Dramatic. Real.

My recent attempts at black and white and flowers (IR and film) haven't made me happy as yet. This one works wonderfully though.

9. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks Harry! It was a lot of fun positioning the SB800s to get the lighting effect we were after. I wanted the flowers to have that "glow"..
    Thanks Paul! We had a blast, eh?

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks so much Beezle, I really appreciate it! You have to try the DXO film pack, cool stuff!