Easter Lily - Black and White

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by husawis, Mar 30, 2007.

1. husawis

husawis Guest

[​IMG]

Started teaching my grandson different lighting techniques this week. I caught this one using my old S2 Pro and converting to Tri-X simulation. For this shot I was using bounce flash (Metz 45 CL4) and nikon (17-55 f/2.8) in JPG. Hopefully he will post some of his this weekend. Somehow B&W continues to send a dramatic message when all things come together.

2. I like this one - it works well in B&W. I find myself using B&W more and more in my landscape shots for the same effect.

3. I like this one, but I think I would also like it in color

4. husawis

husawis Guest

Vern, Yep me too. It is like coming home I guess to the darkroom days. Teaching my grandson the use of light and the magic of B&W, using film too, is a great challenge.

Gary, the orginal was quite yellow as the bouce surface was a yellow ceiling. So in a way B&W conversion rescued the image.

woliwon.

5. Gary, the orginal was quite yellow as the bouce surface was a yellow ceiling. So in a way B&W conversion rescued the image.

woliwon.[/QUOTE]

Very Nice recovery