Easter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Removed User 2, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Happy Easter. I dug into my Louvre shots for this occasion...

Web-Paris-2007-1.

Web-Louvre-1.

2. Nicely done, almost, but not quite, like being there.

Thanks,

3. Thanks.
    Photography, to me, is not about exactness of a scene that transports people to "being there". These are hip shots so I'm just glad they exist. But then again, my style is more about feelings rather then exactness.

The Louvre is fascinating!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Your depiction of Salome and John the Baptits's head looks to be more soulful than the original painting! The colors and softenss repair the effect time has had on Luini's canvas. Thanks for the post Ned!

5. You think so, Chris? It's probably a matter of Monitor, after all? I've retouched it on a calibrated screen and it looked good while it looks a bit palish on my laptop. And the colors are simply the D2Hs' auto

Besides, it would be too pretentious of me (or anyone photographing the Master's paintings) to even think of replicating the colors exactly. Those masterpieces almost made me cry as they we're so beautiful and touching. No camera/sensor/film will ever come close the real thing, even under the most strict lighting conditions.

You ever been to the Louvre, Chris? The french paintings right in the entrance are to die for. And that's only the start!
    I will have to sit down and spend a whole day on retouching my Louvre pictures/experience and post them all (Believe it or not, I still haven't gone through all my 2005/2006 pictures. Too busy shooting film!).

6. Chris, here are 2 more. Since you are an Art passionate monsieur, I am sure you will appreciate :)

[​IMG]

This painting was my personal favorite. It is such a masterpiece that even today, nobody discovered Davinci's unique painting technique. Of course, my photograph makes it appear simple and dull but in person, the more you look at it, the more hidden details and messages reveal. They say it's Mona Lisa... What a great mystery. This painting is so deep I was shocked. I stil am.

Web-Louvre-2.

7. i really like the first shot!

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice! Your low-key approach to Da Vinci's John is very expressive! I haven't seen this one as I've never been to the Louvre, but I recognize it!

And that 19th century piece showing the fifth level of hell is a hell of a painting, eh? Did you know that Scheffer painted it twice, to show off his skilz? That was a thing among neoclassical painters - they focused very much on their technique.

9. Thanks!

Chris, you're giving me a good lesson here. Please plan a trip to Paris!

10. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    That's a nice coincidence Ned , I was just at the louvre yesterday !! I'll definitely buy a year pass next year and try to check it all out :cool: