Eastern Bluebird

Real Name
Randy
crazy activity at the feeders.....I can hardly wait until the bluebird babies show up. I have 10 bluebird boxes and about 1/2 are usually nurseries, When the babies learn to fly mom likes to feed them on the perch
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
One of my favorite birds, they are so quiet and gentle. This is a very good portrait of one. Wow, ten bluebird boxes! Do you clean the old nesting material out every year or leave it?

Real Name
Randy
Nice shot of a beautiful bird.

Looking forward to Wednesday
thanks Buddy, me2
Beautiful capture.
thanks Phil
One of my favorite birds, they are so quiet and gentle. This is a very good portrait of one. Wow, ten bluebird boxes! Do you clean the old nesting material out every year or leave it?
Thanks, I clean them every few years, I figure any worms in there are good for the chicks, Some of the entrances are getting wider from squireles chewing so I'll have to replace the box, I'm only concerned about snakes getting in there for the eggs
Always a pleasure looking your work.
Well done Randy.
thanks Bob
Very cool. (y)
thanks Rick
very fine
thanks Mike
I'm looking forward to the images almost as much as you are to shooting them. :D
thanks Dan, I have to be careful not to over shoot back there, especially in the next 3 months when there will babies everywhere

crazy activity at the feeders.....I can hardly wait until the bluebird babies show up. I have 10 bluebird boxes and about 1/2 are usually nurseries, When the babies learn to fly mom likes to feed them on the perchView attachment 1679149
Not sure why but after being in the house for over 32 years, we are finally seeing a number of bluebirds at the seed feeders each day. Every day, around mid morning, they will come to the feeders alomg with the Finches, cardinals and other small birds. Was really surprised as in years past had only seen one flying across the front yard to a large oak. Hopefully they'll stick around.

Last edited:
Real Name
Randy
Not sure why but after being in the house for over 32 years, we are finally seeing a number of bluebirds at the seed feeders each day. Every day, around mid morning, they will come to the feeders alomg with the Finches, cardinals and other small birds. Was really surprised as in years past had only seen one flying across the front yard to a large oak. Hopefully they'll stick around.
I've seen this behavior for 20+ years but it's the non stop food, water and houses
Looking forward to seeing the youngsters as they grow.
Me 2 snd my fav is the food passing

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom