Easy photo editor for my son on Windows

Another vote here for DXO PhotoLab 4! I've been using PhotoLab since 2019 and like it very much. I'd been searching for something to use as an alternative to Photoshop and some programs just didn't feel right to me, weren't intuitive, and others were too complex and far beyond my modest skills and needs. Finally I hit upon PhotoLab, decided to try it out and immediately felt at home. As it happened it was also a baptism of fire, too, as shortly after that a friend had a special occasion for which she wanted me to take photos, and so much of what I learned about PhotoLab I learned on-the-go as I was processing the images. Nice program all the way around and also is regularly kept updated, with free updates throughout the first year of one's ownership of a version. The NIK Collection is available as a plug-in for it and I believe DXO still offers other software packages (B&W film simulations, etc.) as plug-ins as well, but I haven't investigated those yet.

Another vote here for DXO PhotoLab 4! I've been using PhotoLab since 2019 and like it very much. I'd been searching for something to use as an alternative to Photoshop
I've used Photoshop elements forever and really like it - but then when my Macbook updated and it no longer worked I started looking at other options. What I really like about DXO-PL4 is the "batch processing". Simply select all the images you want to change and do it! And then the filtering, instead of only being able to import a few images at a time they are all in a folder. With me it's jpegs and RAW together, filter the RAW only files and start processing.

I tend not to batch-process but, yes, that IS a very useful function. There is a lot of flexibility within the DXO PhotoLab 4 program and the user is free to use what is needed and not worry about the rest, but then the other stuff is available at any time to utilize if while editing a need crops up.

You know, I hadn't thought about that......next time I've shot a bunch of images all with pretty much the same WB and exposure and want to resize the lot in the same size for sharing, etc, I'll try that out! It would be a little quicker and easier than tinkering in the settings when wanting to use a different size for the images from my set standard one for online posting......

You know, I hadn't thought about that......next time I've shot a bunch of images all with pretty much the same WB and exposure and want to resize the lot in the same size for sharing, etc, I'll try that out! It would be a little quicker and easier than tinkering in the settings when wanting to use a different size for the images from my set standard one for online posting......
Yeah, if I rely on my eyes for each image individually nasty things can happen to colour casts. :)
I have an export mode saved for resizing to 'share'.
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 9.07.06 AM.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Ken
I am looking for a relatively easy to use photo editor for my son. He is a Windows user. Affinity Photo looks good. Any experience with that or other suggestions?
How "easy" and what features are you looking for? And do you want an 8-bit editor or something that can handle 16-bit files? And raw files along with jpegs or just jpegs?

--Ken

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom