EasyTag Bluetooth Wireless GPS

I am considering an EasyTag Bluetooth Wireless GPS unit for my Nikon D90. The Bluetooth feature of this unit appeals to me since there won't be the cable running from the unit mounted on the hotshoe to the connector port. There will be a small unit protruding on the side of the camera though.
Has anyone had any experience with this unit? There is also the di-GPS available at roughly the same price or the more expensive Nikon unit.

I have experience with the Aokatec brand (http://www.aokatec.com/).

I got it for Christmas last year, love it. For a year I had a 10 pin version for my D300, now I have the port version for my D7000, which I like more since it stays in much more securely. I also have the remote release with it.

The GPS unit I have with it is the Holux M-1000. Some of the other models have a "logging" feature. Which is useful if you also want to log your trail on a map. I actually asked for that, but my wife got the wrong one. No biggy, she saved money, and really, I probably wouldn't have done much trail plotting anyway, I really only want the images mapped. The images mapped kind of mark your trail anyway.

It looks like the Easytag only pairs with it's brand GPS, while the Aokatec can be paired with any compatible GPS (if you want to change the GPS receiver in the future). But I am not certain, the Easytag may allow that.

They probably perform similar. I did like that the GPS units from Aokatec could be researched independently as to their performance (Amazon and other places stock Holux). But that doesn't mean it's any better than what Easytag has to offer. I am curious what reviews or user experience is with the Easytag though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom