1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

eBay Photo Policy change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BruceF, Aug 16, 2009.

1. I received this email. My natural instinct was this was just a new urban legend, but it checks out. I found it set to yes on my page (and promptly changed it). And here's eBay's info: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009Update/faq/index.html#2-5

2. Thank you!!! As an interesting note since I have account sin both US and canada, this option is not available in Canada....

3. I just changed my status. Thanks for the heads-up!

4. Wow - thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers

Mike

5. boyscout

boyscout

Mar 19, 2009
    Toronto
    I'm in Canada, have never registered with eBay.ca, yet I can't see the Share Photos option either.

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thank you, Bruce. Extremely well articulated instructions, and most thoughtful of you to post this. I changes preference to "no" in under a minute using your instructions.

Thank you!!! :m42:

7. Can't see this on the UK site. Probably only a matter of time.

Thanks.

8. Interesting.

Except for the primary product photo, I never upload photos to eBay. I edit listings in HTML and include images hosted from smugmug. I assume such images do not fall into the policy since they're not uploaded to eBay?

I prefer using hosted images. I don't have to pay eBay extra for them, and I can yank the images at an appropriate time after the listing has ended.

9. I don't see it that way. The eBay link I posted says (emphasis added):
    I read this as any photo you use in your listing, regardless of where they are hosted. It's just another way for a corporation to get photos for free, IMHO.

10. I probably never would have realized this without the notice here ...
    Thanks for bringing this to out attention, I changed to no with the easy instructions given even though it's been a while since I sold through ebay.

Thanks, Mike

11. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE WALK THRU INSTRUCTIONS..........made my changes completely painless:smile:

131 more posts and i can start perusing the FOR SALE forum......yeah!!!!

12. Sigh. Evil eBay Empire strikes again.

Thanks for the information!

13. Just marking the thread for future use. Thx.

14. ...Thank you!!!!

Ebay should engage you to rewrite their HELP section....

15. Thanks for the post.

16. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    wow thanks, i opted out but did notice that they do credit you with the image

17. Thanks! I hope that everyone sends a message to eBay letting them know what they think of:

1. No notification of such a change
    2. The scummy nature of defaulting to "opt-in"

18. Thanks - just changes my settings easily.

Bill

19. Max Power

Max Power

Jan 11, 2009
    St Paul, MN
  20. Thanks so much for this. Damn right I don't want my photos used by other folk....among other things it will take down the quality and honesty of eBay listings another notch...not to mention my rights as a photographer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.