ebay question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sypher, Apr 7, 2007.

1. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Has anyone sold prints on ebay? If so what was your experience?

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    While I've never tried it, those that I have seen don't seem to sell well or if they do, they don't go for very much money. The rare stuff (ie, old) seems to sell ok, but the newer stuff doesn't seem to fare well.

3. I agree. I sold 2 11by15 landscape prints. These were shots of places that the buyers remembered from childhood. Any even then, I had a minimum price of $9 and that is all I got.

I have been told that photographic prints is about the hardest thing to sell on ebay. But, do a search and see what the bidding is.

4. JMartin

JMartin Guest

I would say if you do want to try and sell on ebay, you may want to list them as limited edition prints (and of course set a number ie #/100 or whatever) with mat and frame as well to bump up your price a bit.

5. I've had some friends that tried it. They got serious about it with matting, etc. But they later told me that after calculating all the costs, it was usually not much more than a break-even deal.

6. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I can understand why it wouldn't do well. eBay is the Internet equivalent of Wal-Mart. People don't go there expecting to pay much.

7. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    That is the feeling I got when looking there the other day.

Allan,
    do you think that if you had started with a higher minimum price that you might have received more?

John,
    I was afraid of that.

8. No I don't think I would have gotten any bids. As it was, on the 3 or 4 I sold there was just 1 bid on each. I had about 7-8 others with no bids at all.