Eclectic mix last 2 days

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by hillrg, Sep 14, 2005.

1. I thought you might find this mix interesting. I was traveling through the Vancouver airport, and photographed the magnificent jade sculpture. This was hand held at 1/30 sec, ISO 800, f/2.8 with my 17-55.

On the weekend I volunteered to photograph a local half marathon race, which started at dawn. This fellow was having a good time... I shot this with the 70-200 VR 200mm 1/1250, f/5.6 ISO 250.

View attachment 15408

This is one of the race volunteers, with the first light backlighting her nicely. Unfortunately I did not have a flash. 70-200 VR 1/100s f/2.8 ISO 400

View attachment 15409

It is hard work running a half marathon, as this guy shows. 70-200 VR at 200mm 1/1000s f/5.6 ISO 250

View attachment 15410

This young lady makes it look easy though. Same shooting specs as the last shot.

View attachment 15411

I shot this gull tonight at the peak of the sunset action. 500/4 1/10s, f/4, ISO 400 with MLU.

View attachment 15412

Hope you enjoy.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice, I love the dog and the one of the young lady with the backlighting...

4. What a great mix of shots you have here Rory. You have given your camera a workout. Like the back lighting on the portrait of the lady, also the contrast between the male and female runner. Almost a thrill of victory and agony of defeat scenario.

5. Love the last shot, wow what a piece of Jade very good shooting under those conditions, that girl looks like it was a walk in the park, great series Rory thanks fro sharing

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice work Rory.

All difficult lighting handled very well.

Good job.

7. Hi Gordon

I took 1080 photos at the race. At times my hand was starting to seize up when a large number of finishers were coming in at the same time. I use the AF button with my thumb, and my hands are just a titch small for the D2X.

After all that I still had 33% left in the battery! That is some power management that Nikon has engineered into their cameras.

8. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    nice work in a variety of lighting conditions! :) and the backlight gull is superb. Great silhouette.

Cheers,

Wade