Economy Power King Tractor

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 11, 2007.

1. This 1972 Economy P.K. I restored from the ground up and use it quite a bit around my place. The power is a Kohler 14 HP single cylinder air-cooled and a duel transmission for additional power and I named it the Betty Lou after my wife, as she was insistence I get a brand new one in 1971 and I did so I have two of them now. It is an amazing little tractor and reading the post on the oldies in the parade inspired me. I post on the Birds and Animals and never even knew of this as I just sold my old Fury 3 ragtop all original
    Lou

541730177_ee9928010b_o.

2. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I love old tractors. Great machine you have there:smile:

I go to the Kutztown festival in PA almost every year and they have tons of old tractors and equipment.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a very nice image.

4. Hey Lou, that looks like a neat piece of machinery. Way to go with the restoration.

5. Thank you and you know the very best part is how much work it can do on a gallon of gas. The original one I got new (the 1971) also still works like a horse but I just could not pass this one up when I saw it. My classic car, most of my guns, I have let them all go but not this pair.
    Lou

6. Well hello Gale and what are you doing over here looking at tractors??? Thank you for looking at something that don't have wings.
    Lou

7. Thank you Gordon and it is all horse from the ground up. Just won't quit. I had the chance to get a pair of rear rims for the placement of duel wheels but it made it to wide to get into tight spots for work. I think this company may have gone out of business back about 1984 not sure but there is a fellow in Mi. that has several and also one guy in Springfield Ma. with a duel wheel and bucket and back hoe and I have one more guy very close to me with that came set up.
    Lou

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Lou
    When I come into the cafe, I go to new posts:>)))
    heehee so therefore, I get to see all the stuff.
    Very interesting stuff here and some really great images and information and different parts of the world.
    Have been following Bob and Nan's trip to iceland.
    Quite nice and interesting.
    Geezzz I don't go past downtown, slight chance I will ever get to the beautiful far away places.

9. GAle These days the best place you can be is where you are. HOMEI hate to travel and refuse to get on a boat, Plane (unless it has a propeller and a parachute) but I do love trains and all the songs about them. Of cause I also loved my classic ragtop but could not stand to see it covered in the garage and picking up rust. None of the kids wanted it so I found a good home for it and was paid well. O yeah I forgot my 1931 Harley:biggrin::biggrin:My mother hated that machine.
    Lou