Ecuador - Galapagos, Riobamba, Banos, Chimborazo, Quito

My wife and I had the opportunity to go visit our daughter in Ecuador. She's been in Riobamba (90 miles south of Quito) for the last 9 months as a Rotary exchange student. She comes home on July 14th and we decided that we wanted to go visit her before then. She was in the Galapagos' a couple of months ago and wanted to go back with us. Who are we to say no? We spent 2 days on the island of Santa Cruz before going on a 4-night cruise around a few of the islands. We had a great time. Afterwards, we stayed with her host family in Riobamba and toured the local sites as well as an evening in Quito.

#1 Water Taxi in Puerto Ayora on Santa Cruz Island
i-MKGzQqL-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 The town of Puerto Villamil on Isabela Island
i-zHWnfd3-XL.jpg

#3 The beach at Puerto Villamil - 2 miles of sand
i-TCzh2tH-XL.jpg

#4 The bar at Iguana Point (Puerto Villamil)
i-hhwTZJx-XL.jpg

#5 From Puerto Villamil
i-2nRmZ4W-XL.jpg

#6 From Riobamba
i-LKQjcrj-XL.jpg

#7 School children in Riobamba trying to catch minnows
i-gLfd85B-XL.jpg

#8 This is one of my favorites for some reason... from downtown Riobamba
i-FmJFKPC-XL.jpg

#9 Going home from school in Banos...
i-HXrM5kc-XL.jpg

#10 The 2nd refuge on Chimborazo at 5,000 meters (that's 16,404 feet). We hiked up from the 1st refuge at 4,800 meters. One of the hardest things I've done!
i-XGvw5P6-XL.jpg

#11 Oldest church in Ecuador (1534)
i-6gqbCKG-XL.jpg

#12 Mitad del Mundo (Middle of the World) just outside of Quito. We are literally standing on the equator.
i-S8NQtCd-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Mike
Looks like a great trip Mike. I'd love to go there some day. I have a picture of my daughter standing on that same spot in #12, from when she was on a mission trip there.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Great images, and as the others have stated, it looks as though you had a wonderful trip. I like all your images and thanks for sharing them. I especially like the last one; a great family portrait!!

Looks like a great trip Mike. I'd love to go there some day. I have a picture of my daughter standing on that same spot in #12, from when she was on a mission trip there.
It was an awesome trip. I highly recommend taking a cruise ship when you go:smile:. You can see more of the islands. If I were to do it again, I would opt for the longer 8-day cruise though. Cool about your daughter. How long was she there for?

Great images, and as the others have stated, it looks as though you had a wonderful trip. I like all your images and thanks for sharing them. I especially like the last one; a great family portrait!!
No problem. Thanks for looking.

:smile::smile::smile: Thanks.

Real Name
Mike
Cool about your daughter. How long was she there for?
She was there for two weeks with her church group about two years ago. I didn't take the pics. I have copies of everything she had. :smile:

She was there for two weeks with her church group about two years ago. I didn't take the pics. I have copies of everything she had. :smile:
I made sure I got copies of all the photos Sophie had - she's had horrible luck with cameras. She cracked the LCD of the P&S we sent her down with. The one we took down last month as a replacement just got stolen while they were on a beach trip. Bummer but good -lessons for a 16-year to learn.

Latest threads

Top Bottom