Edited after critique- Can I get a critique on this one?

Discussion in 'People' started by Greg, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Saw this gal at the race under a tree surrounded by flowers and decided to try something a bit different. Are the flowers to much?

[​IMG]

After your comments, which were much appreciated...
    Added canvas and cloned the grass.
    burned in the flowers a bit.
    removed distracting flower in front of her face.
    [​IMG]

was an interesting post. thanks

2. Hey Greg,

I'll throw in. Nice shot, great color.

IMHO, since the flowers so nicely frame her face, I'd crop from just behind her head to the book area and see how that comes out. Seems to me the flowers/legs area isn't totally needed.

That's my 2 cents.

Again, nice shot, lovely girl.

_/oe

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    yup, I see what you mean. Good call.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I took a few minutes and played with the picture in PSCS2 and tried cropping it a couple different ways, and to be honest with you I think you nailed it with the way you shot it.
    I really like that picture a lot, yes the flowers are almost over bearing. Yet I think you that is a great photo.

5. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

I agree with Dave, just because I can't see where I would crop it.

I like the way its setup now, no cropping required. Nice shot!

6. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Very nice shot. I think the flowers are just a hint overbearing...

Maybe slightly lower in the frame or just a touch more blurred/out-of-focus.

I love the shot though.

C

7. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Cory, I think you're right. back to the 1/3 x 2/3 rule. Centered seems unbalanced?

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Now that's a picture!!! I love it, Greg. I wonder if she knew how pretty she looked laying there surrounded by all those flowers. I don't think the flowers are too overbearing. I see that they are a strong focal point, but to me, they just frame a very lovely young lady. Great job.

9. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Not necessarily for this particular shot. I think it is balanced overall because of the subject.

I like the positioning of the girl...just a slight drop toward the bottom of the frame for the flowers. Her face/the book in proportion to her knees are pretty much at the thirds vertically.

I like the grass at the top, her body in the middle and the flowers on the bottom. The flowers add that spash of vibrant color, and a great natural frame for the shot.

I do like it more and more as I look, but either a slight lowering of the flowers or a few less, slightly more out-of-focus. See where I am going?

Still, like I said, I love the shot.

C