1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Editing on a laptop...

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Donzo98, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I am away from home at a conference in Boca Raton. I am editing a few pics... man does this suck!! How are you supposed to judge saturation?? If I tilt the screen half an inch forward or backward the pic looks totally different!! :eek: :eek:  What do you guys do?

I pumped up the saturation and sharpened this...

How does it look?? It looks fine with screen like I use it.

[​IMG]

2. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    the image itself is not that bad... the sky is a little blown but fixable...

3. Wileec

Wileec Guest

On the road is a bit too late . . .

. . . especially if your main desktop system is profiled. I wouldn't do too much with the images, since you have no frame of reference. Without a custom profile, you have no basis to evaluate the color on the display. Without having checked the impact of angle at home - you're going to have a hard time knowing what is what.

Ideally, you would have profiled your laptop display, as well as the desktop setup. If you had a question about display angle, then it would be a matter of bringing up the same image on both systems and observing the angle at which the laptop most closely matches the desktop. Then, while on the road, match that angle when you feel the need to tinker with images.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.