1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Efke 25 ASA, Aculux 3 - time??

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by Hovmod, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    I'm googling, but I can't find a chart that tells me how much time is required to develop the EFKE 25 ASA film properly.
    I found one chart ( http://www.digitaltruth.com/chart/search_text.php?Developer=Aculux ) that sort of hints that the EFKE films want a 1+14 dilution, and if there's any sort of linearity to it, the 25 ASA should only be given 4 minutes (100 ASA: 10 mins, 50 ASA: 7 mins), but that seems awfully little to me.

Has anyone developed EFKE 25 (135) in Aculux 3?

2. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    OK, since I'm impatient, curious and, well, stupid, I decided to make a 1+14 dilution of the Aculux 3 and leave the film in there for 5'15" (that was a time I just made up), agitating a little more than I do the Tri-X.

I left the fix in a little longer than normal, and rinsed looooong.

It's now hanging to dry, and it looks OK. Eager to scan, I'm now really thinking of making one of those drying cabinets with a kickass fan in it. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.