Egret/Heron, stilt, hare and many terns

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jaminphoto, Jul 19, 2005.

1. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Ole! This guy thinks he's a toreador
    [​IMG]

Keeping the feather in top condition
    [​IMG]

Cute chicks. I think they are less than a week old.
    [​IMG]

Black necked stilt
    [​IMG]

Black necked stilt
    [​IMG]

I was sitting still and hoping some ducks will swam past by me. The ducks never came but this hare probably didn't see me. Because he actually ran towards me.
    [​IMG]

Lovely bunch of Terns :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

--ricardo

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All very excellent images.

Got a kick from ole big ears. Good catch on that one.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ricardo, I wondered where you've been the last couple of days. Now I see where. :wink:

More great shots. I like every one of them, but the tern shots just blow me away, because I know hard hard they are to get. Yours are so sharp. I'm jealous. 8)

4. Awesome shots for sure each one is fantastic but liek frank I think the terns are the best

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Great series, good work !!

6. Wow, great captures, esp of the terns - they're tricky little beasts to get on film, and in focus too!! Love the ears on that hare - all the better to hear you with, my dear!
    Those chicks need to change hair stylists or else use some gel!! *LOL* Cute, very cute.

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Ricardo.....

Sweet light on the tern shots :)

8. Nice shots Ricardo!!! Some BIG bunny ears in that shot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Hey Ricardo,

Did not realize you hang out here.

10. Ricardo,

LOVE those Tern shots!!! The others are teriffic as well. You have a good eye! What camera and lens did you use??

11. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Thanks.
    I was using 70-200 f/2.8 lens. I was using TC14E with the lens because usually just 70-200 doesnt have enough reach. But later on I managed to get close enough and shoot around without the TC, and not even zoom all the way out. I checked the focus marking it was between 7 and 10m, crikey :eek:

--ricardo

12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Ricardo,
    These are all just wonderful. My favorite is the bunny. They are so fast I'm amazed that you could get that shot. I'm sure the birds are just as hard to capture. I also love the one with the baby birds. You are very talented.

13. Hi Ricardo

What a stunning collection of photos. I have a comment and a request. Assuming you do not mind some feedback, I found the cropping just a titch tight on the Stilt and the Terns - but this is a minor nit - as I said at the offset, these are truly stunning photos.

As to the request, when I see photos as good as yours I want to see the shooting data.

Please keep'm coming!

14. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Thanks for the kind words.

re: Rabbit vs Hare
    Believe it or not they are different. Rabbit is smaller and have shorter feet, an common example is the cottontail rabbit. A young rabbit is called bunny.
    The jackrabbit despite the name is a hare. It has longer hind legs than rabbit. A young hare is called leveret.
    I also just knew about that after I took the shot and google "jackrabbit" at home.

--ricardo

15. All of them are neat shots, Ricardo. But love the awesome tern's serie most. The 5th of this serie must be wall-hanged.

16. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Thanks for the feedback.
    The stilt is cropped tightly because the original frame is that tight to the right and bottom. I thought about extending the background a little bit by cloning.
    most of the terns I did cropped a bit. I used to composed to loosely, I guess I'm overcompensating now.

I'm just too lazy to record out the shooting data. but there's no magic in my shooting though. Most are with 70-200 f/2.8 and TC14E, shot with A mode at around f/4 or f/5.6

--ricardo