Critique Egret wingspread

Beautiful bird. It of coarse picked one of the worst places possible to stand- but still was glorious to watch.
These are always fun to photograph.
Gary

gatorland am 4-20-19  0533.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
I think it works well, Gary. The color of the beak really stands out and the spectral highlights in the BG rather than being distracting create a unique effect. And of course there's all that lovely feather detail. Nicely done.

Real Name
Randy
I like the translucent wing but the head angle doesn’t work for me.....I need to see an eye

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Wow! The lighting on the bird is exceptionally nice and the wing position is superb. I think removing the spectral background and replacing it with black (and removing the OOF limbs) would yield an excellent image.

I really liked the background captured in this image, probably as I had never seen it before in my images.
After living with it a while, however, the image doesn't work- for many of the reasons pointed out about.
I tried a crop- which is stronger, and simplier. Getting closer to working. Sometimes I can't give up on an image, sometimes I should
Gary
artistic egret am 4-20-19  0533_crop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The re-do is good....but I don't you are "there" yet. LOL! I still find the background distracting.

And I still like the potential of the first image, minus the OOF limbs and circles. Maybe not a jet black background, but very dark. And a bit tighter crop.

Latest threads

Top Bottom