EGT 2007: Côte d'Azur here we come

What you get is sheets, pillow cases, two hand towels (I think), a bath towel and a few tea towels for the group. They need to know beforehand. In fact I was phoned up today about this very matter.

So, they need to know how many sets and whether they are singles or doubles.
Hello Steve,
I already told Michael I want save space in my luggage and would like to rent the above. Nice, if I get towels too it frees even more space for lenses, gadgets, whatever...

Do doubles get towels in the same colour? :wink:
I'm single, so I take the colour which is left over. :Crunk:

As for the car I would follow your suggestion to get a group car for the week if John doesn't mind.

Yes,

I wasn't aware of the linen charge. Some charge it, some don't. 20 euros is very good though. Even if your travelling by car, I couldn't see the point of bothering to bring your own - I won't be!

What you get is sheets, pillow cases, two hand towels (I think), a bath towel and a few tea towels for the group. They need to know beforehand. In fact I was phoned up today about this very matter.

So, they need to know how many sets and whether they are singles or doubles.

The cooking fest sounds good. I'll have to think of something to do!
I'm awaiting answer form Gerald and Ulrike and will drop you a PM when I know....

Guess it's linen for all the others anyway?

I will be given the keys, or they will be left for me under a suitable stone:biggrin:

There are people in there on the Saturday morning. They have to be kicked out and then the place has to be cleaned. Don't expect to have access before 2pm. It might be a little later, but not much.

Bags could be left at the house after midday, but I am not sure of the security arrangements. The house would be wide open, with the cleaners mooching about, so I'm not too sure. The alternative would be to lock them up at my place.
OK, god to know.

So we will start the Saturday slow and explore Menton before rolling to Callian after lunch, to arrive in Callian not before 14.00 PM.

@Daniel: Do you need pickup from the Airport?

About Cars:

Seems like John arrives a day early to will be renting a (smaller Car already) so for the others (Panos+Joanna and Daniel) it might be best to rent a bigger car (people Carrier).

And here's the "Roomplan" (distributed by time of entry)

The Villa offers Five bedrooms:

Master bedroom + en suite shower room
(Panos and Joanna)

2 twin bedrooms ~ Family bathroom on the first floor
(John+Wife, Daniel and Steve)

Studio on the ground floor, with double bed, en suite bath, kitchenette and loo.
(Michael and Christine)

Belvedere at the very top of the house with panoramic views of the mountains behind, the sea away to the south, the village and the lake to the east, and wooded hills around. There is a further loo and shower on the top floor. This space can be adapted as a further bedroom if needed.
(Gerald and Ulrike)

Hope this is allright with everyone.

@Daniel: Do you need pickup from the Airport?
Yes, that would be nice.

About Cars:

Seems like John arrives a day early to will be renting a (smaller Car already) so for the others (Panos+Joanna and Daniel) it might be best to rent a bigger car (people Carrier).
Sounds ok for me.

And here's the "Roomplan" (distributed by time of entry)

2 twin bedrooms ~ Family bathroom on the first floor
(John+Wife, Daniel and Steve)

Hope this is allright with everyone.
Also ok for me.

Steve,
just out of curiosity: Are there streets/motorways you have to pay toll for in the area, like the A8? I don't exactly remember where I did have the idea from but I believe to remeber to have played around with some routing software and it refused to route over the A8 until I allowed toll roads which I had disabled before.

Steve,
just out of curiosity: Are there streets/motorways you have to pay toll for in the area, like the A8? I don't exactly remember where I did have the idea from but I believe to remeber to have played around with some routing software and it refused to route over the A8 until I allowed toll roads which I had disabled before.

Daniel,

Yes, it is just the A8 which is tolled. It works out something like 4 euros from Nice airport to here. There is a toll at Antibes and one when you get off at jnction 39.

About Cars:

I'm still waiting to hear from John, exactly what he plans to do. He may not need one.

Michael, are you O.K. picking up Daniel? He comes in at 15.10, so it might be better if I pick him up. You would have to go to the house for 2ish, and then rush straight out again, or hang around and not get to the house until after 4pm!

Michael, are you O.K. picking up Daniel? He comes in at 15.10, so it might be better if I pick him up. You would have to go to the house for 2ish, and then rush straight out again, or hang around and not get to the house until after 4pm!

You are right Steve, let's wait with further pickup-plans until Panos is coming online again :Crunk:

Maybe we could meet in Nice for lunch (Do you know something that doesn't break the bank? :redface:), then pick up Daniel and then head for Callian together?

Although Steve stated here that there's no internet access from the villa - may that have changed? - let me know if I shall bring a DSL/WLAN router.... lot's of them lying around here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom