EGT 2007: Côte d'Azur here we come

I just had a long telephone talk with Steve...

First of, he is doing alright with his back pain and he promised to be extra fit while we're there :biggrin:

We also discussed about the transportation issues and we both agreed that we'll have a plethora of cars to use, even if we choose to do different things :wink:

We suggest we meet while we arrive and probably go for lunch with Michael, Cristine ...

Can't wait to see you all :smile:

Just to clarify what Panos has said; I was concerned inititially that Panos wanted to be independantly mobile - hence the concern about a group vehicle that he would be able to drive. He has, however, confirmed that he is happy to go with the flow and doesn't require a vehicle.

I have the use of the minimum of a Polo, whilst you are all here, so we felt that it wasn't a real issue. Three cars for ten people should be sufficiently flexible for our needs, allowing more money for food and drink!

So, I suggest that I pick up John and Nancy at their hotel at around 10am. We make our way to the airport and meet up with Michael and Christine in order to pick up Panos and Joanna at around 10.30am. We then make our way over here, have lunch and then go to the house.

I go and pick up Daniel at 15.10. and make our way to the house. Assuming Daniel's flight is not delayed, we should be at the house between 16.30 and 17.00hrs.

I guess Gerald and Ulrike will liaise with Michael regarding finding the house, their expected time of arrival etc.

Does this all make sense?

Very reassonable! Not renting a car....

Just don't forget we need 11 seats (Eileen with her huge childseat is #11!)
But it will work anyway:

Short trips:
Two cars
6 in my car
5 in another car

....tight but manageable.

longer trips:
3 cars
4, 4, 3 very comfy!

I'm already very excited! Chris too, but is a little afraid about our 700km drive....(I'm thinking about installing my notebook in the car to provide DVD-Entertainment for the girls :Crunk:

See you all soon!
1236403934_81d0615a07.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice pic!

We will be able to recognize you...

BTW:
Daniel, we need a pic from you now! So we don't collect the wrong dude at the airport :Crunk:

Are you really white and furry?

Hasn't this come around quickly?

Just wish I could be there - have a super time one and all - don't forget to post many and often for those (like me) who can't join you!

It would have been nice to have seen you on this one, Paul. I'm sorry you couldn't make.

If we follow up on Michael's suggestion, you might notice a little more camera shake than normal, but we hope the content will overcome this minor fault!:biggrin:

It won't be long now...and the fun will begin.
Like Paul I'm sorry I won't be able to join you this time!:frown:
Please have a safe trip, to and from and as you wander about.

I hope somebody will have a laptop and have a chance to process a few pictures so you can show us some of your daily adventures.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I heard Steve say his wife, Armelle, is a wonderful cook. I'd love to see a picture of Steve and his family. If you get a chance please take pics of the home he is building. I'd love to see how it is coming along.

It's great we have a representatives of the States along too. Way to go Nancy and JR.

Christine, do you and Michael know whether your new baby will be a boy or a girl?

I'd love to meet Joanna, but I'm sure you'll all show us how happy Panos is now that he's found "his better half".

Daniel, where is your picture? I know everyone is just dying to see your "mug" too.

Gerald and Ulrike, a warm welcome to Nikon Cafe!

Looking forward to all your pics.
:377::329::888::131::875::887:
Virginia
aka beaucamera

P.S. Thanks, Steve, for making all the arrangements. You're the best!

Nice pic!

We will be able to recognize you...

BTW:
Daniel, we need a pic from you now! So we don't collect the wrong dude at the airport :Crunk:

Are you really white and furry?

Hi all,
yes I had that in mind already. But since I was today at my parents in Potsdam (just came back) and had a nice walk in the park of Sanssouci (need to go back there with my camera, awfully nice park), I didn't had the time to post (read: take) a picture of me.

I will make a better one this evening or tomorrow, please accept this one until then:

164973585-O.jpg

You may also take this one, but the resemblance may not be that obvious.
126708861-L.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::wink:

You may also take this one, but the resemblance may not be that obvious.
126708861-L.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Considering the stylish clothes, we might be the same age :Crunk:

That's me (on the left):
64231447.gif

Just processed this from today (Christine took it with the F30)....

Me and Eileen, taken at todays visit to the Zoo.
original.jpg

Just processed this from today (Christine took it with the F30)....

Me and Eileen, taken at todays visit to the Zoo.
original.jpg

Oh, looks Eileen has grown lately. :smile:

And you also changed a bit. I had this in memory:

original.gif

:tongue::wink:

Ok, now for the risky part - me:
I played a bit with my flash and found it quite difficult to take a decent picture of me as I'm apparently very sensitive of blinking with the eyes when firing the flash, and then I successfully managed to cover both eyes with shades from my glasses. Oh well... :redface: need to improve on that some time.

188201754-O.jpg

Should be sufficient to pick up the right one, however. :smile:

That's me (on the left):
64231447.gif
[/QUOTE]

Wow! Just love those pants Michael.

Ok, now for the risky part - me:
I played a bit with my flash and found it quite difficult to take a decent picture of me as I'm apparently very sensitive of blinking with the eyes when firing the flash, and then I successfully managed to cover both eyes with shades from my glasses. Oh well... :redface: need to improve on that some time.

188201754-O.jpg

Should be sufficient to pick up the right one, however. :smile:

I can just imagine you coming out, flanked by two Gendarmes!

Latest threads

Top Bottom