EGT 2007 - Callian (Cote azure - France) - Official Thread

I am stealing Panos' signature format, so neat! A question I have is traveling and how to carry my gear. Do you folk carry on the gear or send it with the luggage? Is there a hassle on boarding?

Cheers,

JR, depends where you come/going thru from. In Europe (except UK) most airliners will allow you two carry-on bags based on the full IATA size (not UK).

I'll be flying Alitalia carrying my CompuTrekker Plus AW and a Nova 5 (all Lowe) on plane. Joanna will carry an NTF day-pack and a her ...handbag :eek:

BTW, neat sig :wink:

Easyjet (offically) allows only one piece of hand luggage, which will be my MiniTrekker. Although I couldn't find it right now I remember to have read somewhere in the small print that additionally to the hand luggage one is allowed to take photo gear on board. They didn't state how much. :biggrin:

Easyjet (offically) allows only one piece of hand luggage, which will be my MiniTrekker. Although I couldn't find it right now I remember to have read somewhere in the small print that additionally to the hand luggage one is allowed to take photo gear on board. They didn't state how much. :biggrin:
I Think that's because you pay extra for any additional... Same with all low-cost lines... :Whistle::Sheriff:

I'm quite sure it was for free (though they didn't say how much photo gear) but I cannot find that statement anymore. Maybe they removed it.

I'm quite sure it was for free (though they didn't say how much photo gear) but I cannot find that statement anymore. Maybe they removed it.

:smile: To quote my wife "look at the ticket on the web"

LUGGAGE: Free luggage allowance is two pieces of checked luggage and one piece of carry-on luggage. Each passenger is allowed one piece of carry-on luggage, plus a purse or briefcase or laptop. Carry-on luggage must fit underneath the passenger seat or in an overhead compartment and cannot exceed 45 in. (9"x14"x22") or 115 cm (25x35x55). Maximum size per checked piece is 62 in. (158 cm).

But my poorly asked question was do they hassle you when checking your photo gear when boarding.

But my poorly asked question was do they hassle you when checking your photo gear when boarding.

I proved to be uncomplicated when stored in a backpack like the Minitrekker. they could clearly see all the gear in X-Ray and actually congratulated me on my storage system because it was so nicely to see and check.

I use my Minitrekker plus like that:
68799321.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just don't take pictures of the security staff, you can get into real trouble....:Crunk:

I proved to be uncomplicated when stored in a backpack like the Minitrekker. they could clearly see all the gear in X-Ray and actually congratulated me on my storage system because it was so nicely to see and check.

I use my Minitrekker plus like that:
68799321.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just don't take pictures of the security staff, you can get into real trouble....:Crunk:

:smile: German precision I love it!!! I am over complicating things. :smile:

JR,

My attitude is don't check any photo equipment that you are not prepared to lose!

They X-Ray it - they know what's in there.

I once checked a bag with a stainless steel flask and a brand new pair of trainers. They must have pulled the bag to check out the bomb-shaped item, put that back and took the trainers!

A minitrekker will definitely get through for cabin luggage. It's amazing how much you can get in it when you try. It's probably not worth bringing any more than can fit it a minitrekker anyway.

JR,

My attitude is don't check any photo equipment that you are not prepared to lose!

They X-Ray it - they know what's in there.

I once checked a bag with a stainless steel flask and a brand new pair of trainers. They must have pulled the bag to check out the bomb-shaped item, put that back and took the trainers!

A minitrekker will definitely get through for cabin luggage. It's amazing how much you can get in it when you try. It's probably not worth bringing any more than can fit it a minitrekker anyway.

Fair enough, I am looking for one now. I am working on my wife to travel "light". I need to do my part too. :smile:

Fair enough, I am looking for one now. I am working on my wife to travel "light". I need to do my part too. :smile:

JR, the nice part about these meetings is that there always seem to be lens to spare and share. Panos and Michael both have strong backs and never seem to lack anything in their packs and.....well, Steve, lives just around the corner.

In London last year the BA restrictions were a nightmare so I ended up taking my laptop, D200 and only three lens, the Sigma 30 f/1.4, Nikon 18-200 VR and the 10.5 fisheye. The later was probably not needed but it's occasionally fun.

I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to make the festivities this year.
:frown: :BlueHair: :frown:
Virginia
aka beaucamera

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to announce that the House is fully booked now!

I just added Gerald and Ulrike (+ little son) for the last 2 beds.

I know them from our local Photo-club (both shoot Nikon!).

Vive la France!

I'm happy to announce that the House is fully booked now!

I just added Gerald and Ulrike (+ little son) for the last 2 beds.

I know them from our local Photo-club (both shoot Nikon!).

Viva la France!

Fantastic just a bit longer now!

Latest threads

Top Bottom