EGT 2007, let's start talking.....

Off season is better for me too with the girls on school holidays in August. My wife would not thank me for going away for a week when she would rather I spend the time with her and the children (we get little enough time together as it is). When the girls are at school is a better time for me to take the trip.

Nice or Bavaria or anywhere else is fine with me. I guess a house and a couple of seven seat people carriers for transport.

I think it's best to start with a date, and then see if we get enough people for the house in nice or a meeting in Bavaria. But this way we can all plan when to take time off....

After checking my own schedule and considering, that August being to expensive in Nice and Oktober being already to cold in Bavaria (can be s*#%& weather here)....

I suggest, we plan the week from
1. September till 8. September.

OK?

How many days are we talking about ??

The houses are booked for the week from Saturday until the following Saturday. I would suggest that the price is split equally, by the people taking residence, whether that be for only three days or for the whole week. The exception to that might be if the house was otherwise full, and someone managed to arrange a "week share" with someone else. For example, two people arriving on the first Saturday until say Wednesday afternoon, with another couple arriving Wednesday afternoon until the final Saturday.

I would prefer later in the season than earlier. Just remember that officially the prices stay at mid season level (i.e. 2000€) until the beginning of October. You are probably taking a bit more of a chance with the weather in October, although often the weather is superb at the beginning of October. Everyone, please do remember though, when it rains here it really rains. My brother came over once for a week in September and it rained for 4 days! Normally it is glorious in late September/early October, but you have been warned. I wouldn't want to be burned at my monopod!!

I said "officially" because I may be able to negotiate something. The closer we are to off-peak (i.e. beginning of October) the more chance there is. However, it is probably unlikely, as we would need to book fairly soon to guarantee the place. Negotiations normally take place if it has been a slow beginning of the season, and you are flexible about your dates. Once a date has been agreed with everyone, that's pretty much that.

Having said all that, I am fine for the first week of September, if that's what people want to go with.

Thanks for the heads up Steve!

OK so let's collect first reservations!

Let's stay with the date: Saturday 1. September to Saturday 8. September!

I wanna book for two persons
(me and Christine, I guess Eileen doesn't count, yet)

Who else?

I'm in, if it's here. Not yet able to say, if it's somewhere else.

I will pay and take a place if the house isn't full. If it's full then I will commute in!!

Book one place for me please (well, someone has to stay behind and look after the children :biggrin: )

Two? Is there something you haven't been telling us?

Are you bringing Lambros? If so, I'll need to check. Some houses don't allow dogs. Well, not the houses ...... you know what I mean:biggrin:
Well, since I didn't bring him to India, I thought Nice would be ...nice for him :wink: As for the Duo part... you'll see in Nice.

BTW:
Steve, please give us some more details on the house and the town/area, is there a webpage or something?
Yes, Michael, there are some key elements missing.

London was easy. It was much easier to get to (a direct hop across the "pond"), lots of public transportation and a cozy small hotel we could congregate in. I think some of the logistics of where we'd meet need to be addressed before we get into a discussion of where to stay.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

BTW:
Steve, please give us some more details on the house and the town/area, is there a webpage or something?

Michael,

Send me your email address and I'll get my contact to send you the information directly.

Both houses are in Callian in the Var.

You could look up on the internet: Callian, Montauroux (where I live), Seillan, Fayence and Grasse.

The first four places are within a stones throw of each other. Grasse is 15-20 mins away. You can find everything you need to know on the net. If there is anything particular, just ask me.

It would be different than the likes of London, mainly due to the lack of effective public transport. This would effectively mean that there would be less opportunity to wander off very far on your own, but would be part of a group. To be honest, this is how it seemed to work out in London, with most everyone wanting to go out in a group. This would just make it easier.

I would be quite happy to pick people up from the airport and transport them to the house, so in that respect it would also prove easier. It's a personal choice, but I think I would have enjoyed London more if it had been for longer, and we had actually been in a house together. Each to there own, I guess.

I sure wish I could come! I spent the summer of 1987 in Nice. I was supposed to learn French, but I did get a great tan, and had my first SLR stolen from me. I definitely left my heart in Provence! I just have to think about it and I can smell the lavender. Oh to be young, no responsibilities and parents that supported you again!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom