EGT 2007, let's start talking.....

So it would be here, right?

About the group thing: Of course I would prefer to go out in a group, and if we would have two cars, it shouldn't be a big problem to get to the nice places.
And if you would even pick us up at the airport, the transportation sounds very comfortable :smile:.

Virgina, nearest airport looks to be Nice (NCE is the abbreviation I think). I can reassure you that if I didn't overlooked something, I can't get there with one hop from Berlin either.

So it would be here, right?
Daniel,

That's the place.

I've just briefly looked, and it seems that there are direct flights to Nice from Miami, New York (JFK) and Los Angeles.

There are flights to Paris from nearly all major airports, with connecting flights to Nice. A bit more of a pain and more expense, but doable.

p.s. Easyjet fly directly from Berlin to Nice

p.p.s. I'm not too sure about a direct flight from L.A. I'm getting conflicting info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh to be young, no responsibilities and parents that supported you again!
Never happen! :wink:

Is "miata" in miatapaul the fabled MX-5? I owned one for almost 10 years...a Red 1995 with Jackson Racing CAI, style bar and tan top. It was by far the most fun driving car I ever owned even counting the 1969 BMW 2002.

Sigh...now I drive a practical Subaru Forester

:redface:

Steve, thanks I missed easyjet indeed. Will consider that. (Sorry Virginia :redface:)
Me, too!
Even with a direct flight it's a long haul from the west coast. Add an 8 hour time difference just to confuse matters.

I was the first one to arrive in London last year and the last one to leave. Fortunately there was plenty to do and it was easy to get around.

I used the hotel's free wireless Internet service to stay in communication and, when the battery charger on my laptop failed (shortly after I arrived :eek: ), I was able to rather easily find a replacement.

Hey, Steve, are the plugs different in France?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Never happen! :wink:

Is "miata" in miatapaul the fabled MX-5? I owned one for almost 10 years...a Red 1995 with Jackson Racing CAI, style bar and tan top. It was by far the most fun driving car I ever owned even counting the 1969 BMW 2002.

Sigh...now I drive a practical Subaru Forester

:redface:
I'm retrospectively jealous:biggrin:

I always wanted a BMW 2002. I nearly fell off my BMW motorbike one day, whilst riding through a rough area in Birmingham. The car in front was a below average looking BMW 2002, and the numberplate was .......BMW 2002:eek:

Me, too!
Even with a direct flight it's a long haul from the west coast. Add an 8 hour time difference just to confuse matters.

I was the first one to arrive in London last year and the last one to leave. Fortunately there was plenty to do and it was easy to get around.

I used the hotel's free wireless Internet service to stay in communication and, when the battery charger on my laptop failed (shortly after I arrived :eek: ), I was able to rather easily find a replacement.

Hey, Steve, are the plugs different in France?

Virginia
aka beaucamera
The plugs are a little like those in the states (I think), but they probably don't fit! They're just you're average two (round) pin plug with optional earth

The good thing is that you wouldn't need to worry about such things. I have all the adapters required (well, from U.K. to French anyhow!).

People generally find plenty to do, but I'll admit (happily) that it is somewhat less frenetic than London.

Villa info

Ah! The wonders of the internet

I've just plugged in the name of the owner of the house, and the name of the village, and come up with this:

http://www.callianvilla.com

This gives you all the info on the first house.

p.s. The good news is that it looks as though it might be cheaper in September than I was told, unless the site needs to be updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed the link on the house site to the "Chez Nous" letting agency site, and it shows the 1 September as booked, but the rest of the week as not booked. This is rather unusual as this type of action tends to mess up the following week's bookings, so I am hoping it is a mistake.

It could, however, be the family that has block booked all of August, with no regard for the first week in September. I am waiting for a response.

Wow, the house looks great!

If it's one day more or less wouldn'T be a problem for me!

We'll take the double bed Studio on the ground floor with ensuite facilities then (this way, we have enough room for Eileens travel bed)

A pool, that's cool! :Crunk:

Wow, the house looks great!

If it's one day more or less wouldn'T be a problem for me!

We'll take the double bed Studio on the ground floor with ensuite facilities then (this way, we have enough room for Eileens travel bed)

A pool, that's cool! :Crunk:

It's all O.K. It's available from the 1st September.

I can foresee some fighting over rooms:biggrin:

The allocation is something that would need to be worked out. In total it could take maybe twelve, but that includes bunk beds right at the top. The figure of ten is also with sharing taking place. There are obviously not 12 bedrooms. If someone desperately wanted a double room to themselves, and the house was otherwise full and there were other people looking for places, then I guess it would be appropriate to charge for two places.

Just trying to think ahead.

The booking has been pencilled in, just to be safe.

I would be willing to sacrifice my privacy and share with any young and attractive young ladies, purely in the interests of trying to assist in the accommodation planning you understand :biggrin: :biggrin:

I would be willing to sacrifice my privacy and share with any young and attractive young ladies, purely in the interests of trying to assist in the accommodation planning you understand :biggrin: :biggrin:
Now, there's a selfless person for you!

I would have to be somewhat further from home to be so selfless:biggrin:

LOL! I'm sure if I mentioned it to my wife that she would congratulate me on my willingness to make sacrifices for the common good of all those going (NOT!!!!)

Some of you may have seen this one before, but for those who haven't here is the "perched" village of Callian:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

C

Christine

Steve, the house is sooo great! I'm looking forward to meeting you all again.

Now THAT's looking like a wonderful place!
Too beautiful!
I made the mistake and showed it to my wife. "O.k. let's go", she insisted, forgetting that we would have to cut short our visit to her parents and pay for yet another trip.
But I have to admit, the look of that place makes the whole thing a sore trial :Depressed

Cheers

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom