EGT 2007, let's start talking.....

I'm afraid this EGT will not happen for us. Meanwhile, Helen (after her initial excitement) has come down to a more realistic view of things. It would be too stressy. As I said, we will return from Belarus end of August. What a pity - that place looks soo nice. Well, there's still hope for another meeting to see all you nice folk again. London was a bliss.

Cheers

I'm assuming, since we would be way out in the countryside, that we'd rent vehicles, probably SUV types to carry all of us and our gear. Best to let our Euro members do the renting for insurance purposes (not the paying) AND the driving!! :eek:
Be nice if we could even hire a den-mother for the week! Dishes, laundry, cooking, cleanup!! :wink: Or maybe hire Woody - I see he's a dab hand with the iron... :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming, since we would be way out in the countryside, that we'd rent vehicles, probably SUV types to carry all of us and our gear. Best to let our Euro members do the renting AND the driving!! :eek:
Be nice if we could even hire a den-mother for the week! Dishes, laundry, cooking, cleanup!! :wink: Or maybe hire Woody - I see he's a dab hand with the iron... :smile:
UF, Woody is not coming... :frown: and yes, we are renting an SUV! The second 7-seater is a surprise :wink:

I'm afraid this EGT will not happen for us. Meanwhile, Helen (after her initial excitement) has come down to a more realistic view of things. It would be too stressy. As I said, we will return from Belarus end of August. What a pity - that place looks soo nice. Well, there's still hope for another meeting to see all you nice folk again. London was a bliss.

Cheers
Sorry to hear that Harry. Hope to see you next time, and I'm confident there will be a next time.

I'm assuming, since we would be way out in the countryside, that we'd rent vehicles, probably SUV types to carry all of us and our gear. Best to let our Euro members do the renting for insurance purposes (not the paying) AND the driving!! :eek:
Hey that would be really nice to meet you! (a EGT without some overseas participants....unthinkable :Crunk:)

BTW:
That's our SUV, that we will bring.... :biggrin: (Sorry for the tiny winter-tyres, in summer we use 18 inch :cool: :biggrin: )
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You want me to drive? :tongue: you've never seen me driving, fasten your seatbelt and keep the sick bag ready :eek: (those french roads are fun to drive! :smile: )

Will? I already regret it :frown:
Sorry to hear that Harry! Maybe next year...in vienna?

We will miss you too...............

.......and your lovely daughter and wife!

......and your bug knowledge.............

..........and not to forget: your black 45P....and the 85 1.4 :676:

...and the 24 28/1.4 ... :biggrin: [corrected by Michael]

I better hurry up on my Jeep order for the EGT :wink:

This sounds like fun

I was very interested in Bavaria as we vacationed there 15 years ago. The people were the friendliest I'd ever met. We drove everywhere and had a ball. Austria, Czech Republic, Germany all were great. Well we were driving across Germany and I say "let's go to Strasbourg then swing through Luxembourg to fill up our passports". My high school French got me through Quebec so we will have fun. Well I did but not in the way I expected.

If any of you have seen "European Vacation" this was a perfect duplication. The waitress was the meanest I'd ever encountered. She was so disdainful of my terrible French that it was funny and the meaner she got the funnier it was. Well we escaped but I am now thirsty for more abuse. So if there is still space count us in.

BTW, I have a 20 2.8 and a Sigma10-20. One bed is fine, on occasion we do need two by the end of the trip. But this is the south of France what could go wrong?

Can't wait to meet you John. Then we can compare our french :Crunk: (I had to endure it 1 year and finished with an F!)

So I'll book you in for a double room then.

Can't wait to meet you John. Then we can compare our french :Crunk: (I had to endure it 1 year and finished with an F!)

So I'll book you in for a double room then.
Yes, super. Made my wife happy and colleagues jealous when I posted my vacation request. :smile: Renting that house is such a great idea.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom