EGT 2007, let's start talking.....

I've just browsed all the pictures and threads about EGT 2006, again. You should see me here, thinking about all the nice people we've met......a big smile on my face!

Remember this:
67164539.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(Virginia's picture)

So I thought: Let's start talking about EGT 2007!

Fire away, where, when , who want to come?

Sounds good to me. One day I will definitely arrange the EGT in Vienna but this year will be too hectic (new apartment, etc..).

Wasn't there a plan to make it in Nice? BTW - where was Steve when the above group photo was taken?

Cheers

afx

Bavaria would make it much more feasible for me ;-)
But avoid Oktoberfest, that will have an impact on flight prices as well as accommodation in the Munich area.

cheers
afx

Good point Harry!

Steve where are you?

@ afx:

Good point, BTW: If we really do it in Bavaria, then you are already part of the planning team! :Crunk:

I suggest Bavaria in early September!

Munich, Castles, Alps, Lake Constance, beer........

Hi, Michael

This sounds a great idea. How's German coffee? You know how Panos feels about his java!

It's great fun to see this pic again and to have a reminder of all the fun we had in the London for the 2006 EGT.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Well, as a new boy on the block, count me in wherever it may be. Since London has been done last year, I am prepared for travel :biggrin:

Sounds good to me. One day I will definitely arrange the EGT in Vienna but this year will be too hectic (new apartment, etc..).

Wasn't there a plan to make it in Nice? BTW - where was Steve when the above group photo was taken?

Cheers

I think I was watching all the photo equipment bags at the time.

Good point Harry!

Steve where are you?

@ afx:

Good point, BTW: If we really do it in Bavaria, then you are already part of the planning team! :Crunk:

Hi Michael,

I am around, flitting in and out occasionally, but not really participating too much. Things have been pretty hectic - I really do need to finish building my house!

It's funny that you just raised the question, as I very recently asked for some rental prices on houses in the area. As you may recall, I suggested that renting a big house might be a better idea than hotel accomodation, for a number of reasons. Anyway, I got the prices back yesterday. I have two houses which could be rented, both of which accomodate 10 people. It would work out about half the price of a hotel, as long as it was full.

This area is pretty well impossible without a vehicle, so that would need to be costed in.

I'm not pushing for it to be here, it's just that it was talked about. I am happy for it to be in Bavaria, or most anywhere else, but not sure how I will be fixed in regards to my building situation.

Wherever it is held, I still think the idea of a house would be a worthwhile development of what we had going in London. I believe there could be much more of an exchange of ideas, techniques etc in such an environment. What do others think?

I'll see whether I can get my contact to e-mail you the details, so that you can take a look.

Steve, that would be great!

What about the timing, I guess off season would be best (when is that?)

What do the others think about a Nice-EGT-House?

Here the off-season is pretty much April/May and September/October. The prices can double or triple for high season, and of course the flights are often more expensive when the kids are off school.

I have to say that either end of the season is by far my favourite time here, and that is only partially due to the fact that I have a little less work to do:biggrin: The weather is often much more pleasant, and you don't have so many holidaymakers around!!

A lovely part of the world, and strangely enouigh one from which I have just returned after a flying one day business trip.

I am happy with any part of Europe, as long as it has decent coffee, decent beer and decent food. Oh, and good places for photography :smile:

Bavaria has been high on my must visit list for many years!

Being an avid history lover I'd be very interested in visiting Dachau and Berchtestgaden.

May also be an excuse to order a new car and take delivery at München:biggrin: , now that would be fun!

Don

Ireland in late August. I'm going then with Carolyn and my little colleen grand daughter Kathleen Margaret. You guys are killing me!

How about 2008? Anyone game for northern Italy in late May? Venice, the Venetto, Padua, Mantua, Bologna, Milan, and of course, to the Ferrari factory!

:biggrin:

Ireland in late August. I'm going then with Carolyn and my little colleen grand daughter Kathleen Margaret. You guys are killing me!

How about 2008? Anyone game for northern Italy in late May? Venice, the Venetto, Padua, Mantua, Bologna, Milan, and of course, Imola to the Ferrari factory!

:biggrin:

I'm always up for an excuse to go to Italy!

Imola is off the F1 calendar this year, but there are hopes of its return in 2008. But that wouldn't keep us from visiting the factory in Maranello:biggrin:

Don

Great, the ball is rolling....

I guess Bavaria in Sept can be easily arranged....

But if we really could manage to get a house in France, that would be a blast!

I'm gonna try to advertise this discussion and then we can try to collect participants :Crunk:

Great, the ball is rolling....

I guess Bavaria in Sept can be easily arranged....

But if we really could manage to get a house in France, that would be a blast!

I'm gonna try to advertise this discussion and then we can try to collect participants :Crunk:

That's one I'd love to attend..too bad we're committed. But there's always next year.....in belle Italia!

Rich

Latest threads

Top Bottom