EGT 2007, let's start talking.....

There are three threads going on this now. Which is the correct one in which to register interest?

L

Logan

i know im jumping the gun a little, but do you all plan on making this a yearly thing? as of now i will be taking a trip through europe summer/fall of 2009 before i start college (have friends who im staying with along the way) and it would be nice to meet some of you there for a few days of shooting.

i know im jumping the gun a little, but do you all plan on making this a yearly thing? as of now i will be taking a trip through europe summer/fall of 2009 before i start college (have friends who im staying with along the way) and it would be nice to meet some of you there for a few days of shooting.

I can't see why this couldn't be an annual thing. Travel within Europe is much easier and cheaper these days with the no frills airlines, so it is easier to keep costs down. Of course, that doesn't help you being in Ohio (I spent a memorable month in Columbus a few years back - I seem to remember it was flat?).

Spain?

I already have my tickets to Madrid for October 3-17. Right now I'm planning a week in Valencia, then a bit of roaming by rental car.

I can't see why this couldn't be an annual thing. Travel within Europe is much easier and cheaper these days with the no frills airlines, so it is easier to keep costs down. Of course, that doesn't help you being in Ohio (I spent a memorable month in Columbus a few years back - I seem to remember it was flat?).

I think that's the general plan, although there's no official sanction. That's why I'm trying to get a consensus about 2008 and northern Italy in May. :wink:

Rich

afx

How's German coffee? You know how Panos feels about his java!
Not as bad as US coffee (aka American Brown Water), but still nothing to write home about.
On the other hand, I know some really good places in Munich and Rosenheim for Coffee. Or even my Kitchen where my La Cimbali resides (careful, my Cappuccino is said to be addictive).

Steve, Southern France also sounds nice. Would the area also be useful for non photographing spouses?

cheers
afx

Hehe... 27 different types of coffee for me here... :wink:

I could practically operate a coffee shop on week/ends, when ALL my friends drop by for a coffee... :biggrin:

Let's make some progress here:

A House in Nice would be great, but would only work if we get enough absolutely sure participants. Steve could you check about the details? (timeframe, price...) I guess a whole house we might want to make this at least a week?

The other thing is the time frame:

I would love to schedule the last week of August or first week of September!

What do you say? Please post who wants to join (either Bavaria or Nice) and possible dates.

I'm waiting for more Details!

BTW: I'm not keen on doing all the planing-alone....again. Who wants to join, help?

Michael, the time frame would be ok for me, also both locations.
A week earlier or later would be ok too, I guess. The earlier I know the less reasons for my boss to say no. :smile:

A thought about a house: I guess it is likely that most houses may not be equipped with a bed for every participant? (Don't know how many to expect but I would not be surprised if someone would have to bring his sleeping bag.)

Steve, Southern France also sounds nice. Would the area also be useful for non photographing spouses?

cheers
afx

This is a great base for visiting, but you do need a car.

You have Cannes about 30 mins away, Nice about 45 mins, Monaco about an an hour, the Verdon canyon an hour or so. Ventimiglia (Italy) a couple of hours.

The coffee can be pretty good and the beer can be pretty bad! Give me English Real Ale any day.

August is high season, September is mid season and October is off-peak. I have been offered a price of 1250€, 2000€ and 2500€ per week (off-peak, mid season and high season respectively) for a house that will take ten people. There are a few odd extras, such as a linen charge (25€) each, and electricity charge (off-peak only), but it still works out very reasonable if it is full.

Hehe... 27 different types of coffee for me here... :wink:

I could practically operate a coffee shop on week/ends, when ALL my friends drop by for a coffee... :biggrin:

Am I invited too Pano?
Espresso is my No1 need. Then comes sleep and food... :biggrin:

I will really try to meet you people this year. Depending in the final dates though.
It will be a weekend I suppose, eh?

Jordan, Espresso could be my middle name, too! :biggrin:

So, about the EGT event... Nice sounds SO MUCH attractive and the house is the best solution. I think 10 people attendance would be easy to achieve.

We can also rent a Commander for our transports :smile:

Michael, early-mid August is best for me but you know I'll follow anytime :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom