EIZO CS 2420 & GeForce GT630

D

Deleted member 638

Hi guys!
I am planning to change my monitor at work. I plan to buy a EIZO CS 2420 and I would like to know if the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 (the graphic card of my PC, i7 with Win7) is good enough for such monitor, which I'll calibrate with my Spyder 3 Pro.
In particular, does the HDMI of GeForce GT 630 supports 10-bit simultaneous display? Is that important the use of 10-bit simultaneous display for photo editing?
Do you have any suggestion for a proper graphic board?
Sorry for the many questions!
Thanks.
Riccardo

Unfortunately no. While NVIDIA Geforce graphics cards have offered 10-bit per color via Direct X, this does not translate to professional applications such as Photoshop.

These applications use OpenGL 10 bit and for this you require the NVIDIA Quadro or AMD FirePro series with DisplayPort connector.

You probably are aware of this already but 10 bit to the display may only serve to alleviate banding that may show in certain scenarios on screen with 8 bit cards but not in the final print. These circumstances may be rare in most photographic situations but are more likely to appear in computer generated gradients more prevalent perhaps in CAD applications.

IMO, nice to have but not absolutely essential for most phot work- I would favour NVIDIA over AMD for PS or LR if I was looking for 10 bit

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Unfortunately no. While NVIDIA Geforce graphics cards have offered 10-bit per color via Direct X, this does not translate to professional applications such as Photoshop.

These applications use OpenGL 10 bit and for this you require the NVIDIA Quadro or AMD FirePro series with DisplayPort connector.

You probably are aware of this already but 10 bit to the display may only serve to alleviate banding that may show in certain scenarios on screen with 8 bit cards but not in the final print. These circumstances may be rare in most photographic situations but are more likely to appear in computer generated gradients more prevalent perhaps in CAD applications.

IMO, nice to have but not absolutely essential for most phot work- I would favour NVIDIA over AMD for PS or LR if I was looking for 10 bit
I had to get an nVdia Quadro for my NEC 30" and connect it via DisplayPort in order to take advantage of the abilities of the monitor. NEC had a list of approved graphics cards on their website.

Eizo should be able to give you a list of approved graphics cards.

Latest threads

Top Bottom