El Capitan at Dawn

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by RForshey, Nov 27, 2005.

1. RForshey

RForshey Guest

I love shooting in Yosemite and I try to get there 2 or 3 times a year. It is becoming more and more difficult to catch a composition that is unique!
    [​IMG]

This was shot with a D2x & 12-24 DX zoomed all the way to 13mm :smile: , at 1/10s F22.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2005
  2. Randy:

Excellent shot.

Gil

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    very nice. I like the splash of yellow in the foreground bush.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well you have done a great job.

Beautiful.

5. Hi Randy,

Excellent composition, with lots of interests in the foreground. Did you use a graduated ND filter to keep the sky from blowing out?

6. wonderful presentation

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Wow, that is a wonderful photograph...

8. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thank you Gil, Biggs, and Gale, I really appreciate your kind remarks!

9. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks for your nice comments, and to answer your question; Actually, I merged two images. I took the first exposing for the foreground, and the second exposing for the highlights. Due to the extreme "jaggedness" of the image, I couldn't make a grad ND work..

10. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Hello Dave and Dave! Thanks guys! Glad you liked it..

11. Well done, Randy. A very nice composition indeed.

12. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate it!

13. Great photo Randy....love the colours...love the light.....I was going to ask whether you used Lab to process...but I see from a previous post that you blended two images...nicely done.

Bob

14. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks Bob!

15. WOW great light and grea compostion, I so need to get out there one of these days

16. See now this is some sweet light.. Almost looks fake with the warmth of colors though..

17. RForshey

RForshey Guest

It is definitely one of the "must shoot" locales. Thanks for your kind words!

18. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Thanks! (I think?)

19. Just saying it looks fake.. just my opinion.. I know it is not but it is like those Michael Fatali shots.. the warm surreal light...

20. But in regard to your shot I meant it looked surreal.. It was a great photo especially the colors....