Elements 5 manual question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cajun angel, Apr 17, 2007.

1. I went out yesterday to buy a manual and found there's several authors including Scott Kelby. ( I've read one of his books before.) My question is should I go with the book written by him or does anyone recommend any of the others?

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Search the internet for all the free tutorials

3. Thanks Gale! My reasoning behind buying a manual is so that I don't have to sit at the computer to read. If I can't make up my mind about which author, then of course I'll go online for tutorials. Thanks again!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I had a Scott Kelby book on Elements 3 and found his way of teaching to be very understandable. There are probably others who do a fine job, but I think that I would probably gravitate back to Scott Kelby. Gale has a fine suggestion as well, you might consider checking into the internet for additional resources. Give this product some consideration. I have their product for Photo Shop CS2 (through the extreme generosity of a cherished friend :smile: ) and it is excellant.

5. I have Kelby's book and recommend it.

6. Thanks ya'll! I'm headed out today to buy Scott's book if they still have a copy! Yesterday they only had 2 left. I"ll check into that training thingie too if the book isn't enough. Thanks, again ya'll!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You may also want hidden elements
    It offers ways to do things element alone can not do.
    Can't think of the author at the moment..found it Richard Lynch...Not sure his 5 book is out yet. He would be the one you would want though.

Search amazon on books.
    or even on the adobe site
    Total training is also excellent

Just trying to save you money Dianne

Found out more on Lynch elements 5
    http://www.hiddenelements.com/

8. I have his book and found it to be a great teaching tool. For what it's worth I highly reccomend it. He has a unique style of writing.

Bob

9. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    I have Kelby's book and also highly recommend it! I refer to it every time I open PSE5. His way of teaching is very easy to understand and there is no useless "fluff" to sift through.

10. WOOHOO! I got Scott Kelby's book at 30% off! YIPPEE! If I'm not browsing the forums, ya'll know I'm busy reading! :866:

11. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    How did you get 30% off Dianne?

12. It had a 30% off coupon on it at the Border bookstore! And it was the only one lest with the coupon! Talk about timing! When I found the book yesterday, I didn't see any coupons and it was about $35+