Elements Editor window/image size

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by idleowen, Sep 9, 2008.

1. idleowen

idleowen

Aug 19, 2008
    Australia
    Hi,
    I'm almost too embarassed to ask this question but what the heck!
    (I've tried searching the forum but couldnt find the answer and maybe nobody dumb enough to have same problem!)

When I edit a photo the image is only displayed as a small size in the Editor window.......I realise I can zoom or use the hand tool to enlarge it, to fill the full window but its annoying.....the bottom left hand fielsd usually says the size is less than 10%...I've trolled through the Help docco but I couldnt find a way to change the default.I'm sure this has not always been the case and previously the image filled the most part of the window.Any ideas?

I've also noticed Elements will go back to the original out of the box defaults for say saving image sizes ......all the reminder/dont show again boxes return?

thks,Nigel

2. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    Are you referring to the image size within the editor window. Or, are you referring to the editor window size. If you are referring to the window size, there should be the standard, minus sign, expand box, and x for close on the upper right hand side of the window that controls the window size. If you are referring to the image size, I have not found a default setting for that either. However, if you double click the magnifying glass it will go to 100% image size. If you double click the hand tool it will revert to fit the window....

When you indicate that everything resets I wonder if there is an issue with the install or if your settings are not being saved. There is an option to reset the warnings which you have probably seen. What version of PSE and what OS are you on?

3. idleowen

idleowen

Aug 19, 2008
    Australia
    elements editor window

thanks for the reply,to answer your question Elements 6 and Windows XP.I'm referring to the image size within the editor window,the editor window is quite large but the edited image is centred in the window but only occupies about 25% of it unless I zoom. This applies to both portrait and landscape formats.

I'll have to have another play this weekend to see if I can find out why.

4. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Try Window>Images>Maximum Mode. You will still have to zoom in and out. That's the only way I know, sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.